Thread: Help Immortalize Tillie on an US Postal Stamp!

Recent Resident

Default Help Immortalize Tillie on an US Postal Stamp!

To whom it may concern,

My name is Amanda Hayden. I'm 15 years old, and I'm from Garfield, NJ.

I'm writing to you to tell you about my mission: to get our beloved Tillie of the Palace Amusements in Asbury Park, NJ, immortalized on a US Postage Stamp.

I already have been in contact with the Postal Service here locally and in Washington, DC and have more than a foot in the door with this project.

The site address is: www.tilliestamp.org

You all tried your best to preserve the Palace Amusements, but even though we failed to save her from the wrecking ball,you did save Tillie and the Bumper Girls and the memories will live on forever.

The reason behind this cause in comemorating the Palace and Tillie is we are loosing too much Americana these days. This icon, to a happier time in this country, would be a great collectable for the world to see. He is an icon to the Roadside America, to all the little seaside towns that line our coasts, an icon to what once good, wholesome and innocent.

Please sign the petition & pass on the link! We need all the help we can get!

Sincerely,
    Amanda M. Hayden

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

I'm going to close this one. I've moved a copy into the New Jersey Discussion thread - > Help Immortalize Tillie on an US Postal Stamp!