Thread: NJ Festival of Ballooning July 23-25

Default NJ Festival of Ballooning July 23-25

http://quickchk.balloonfestival.com/

Up to 125 Hot Air Balloons
    Mass ascension twice daily at 6:30 am & 6:30 pm
    Special shaped balloons are the superstars of the balloon festival. We secure the most popular and sought after balloons in the nation year after year. Whether you are 6 or 60, you will be captivated by the magic of hot air balloons. Balloon activity is wind and weather permitting.

The Quick Chek New Jersey Festival of Ballooning takes place every year at Solberg Airport in Readington, New Jersey. Click for a Map of the Readington Area

28 miles from Trenton
    42 miles from New York City
    54 miles from Philadelphia

The festival provides two parking options for our patrons: Parking is available on-site for $5 or you can ride the Free Express Shuttle that leaves from the Raritan Valley Community College on Saturday & Sunday.
    I attended last year with some friends and we had a good time. The best was watching the balloons moved across the field. There are many other things to see and do there as well. In some respects it is similar to a state fair. (at least how I would envision a state fair since I never have been to one)

Parking was challenging but I think it is worth the trip. The last 3 miles of the trip took about 30-45 minutes so be prepared.
    Sincerely,
    Anthony

NJ & You, Perfect Together

The 22nd annual Quick Chek New Jersey Festival of Ballooning, In Association With PNC Bank, is the largest summertime balloon festival in North America, featuring up to 125 sport and special-shape balloons, live musical entertainment, childrenís entertainment, food and drink, interactive exhibits and attractions for New Jersey residents and visitors from across America.

In the meantime, take a look below for schedule...

For further information call toll free 800-HOT-AIR-9 (800-468-2479)

2004 MUSICAL ATTRACTIONS:

* Friday, 8 p.m. Hermanís Hermits starring Peter Noonee presented by WCBS FM 101.1
    * Saturday, 8 p.m. Village People presented by NJ 101.5
    * Sunday, 3 p.m. Grand Funk Railroad In Association With PNC Bank and Q 104.3
    * Sunday, 1 p.m. The Nerds brought to you by WDHA 105.5
    * Sunday, 5:30 p.m. Dog Voices brought to you by WDHA 105.5

2004 SPECIAL ATTRACTIONS:

Quick Chek Entertainment Tent, Marriott Hotels Fireworks Extravaganza, Balloon Glow, and Old-Time Barnstorming Air Show

PARKING:
    $5 on-site, Free Express Shuttle from Raritan Valley Community College

CHARITY:
    Childrenís Miracle Network

TITLE SPONSOR:
    Quick Chek Food Stores of New Jersey
    Sincerely,
    Anthony

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

Mithrandir -

Hey - welcome back. I don't know if you saw byut I have the event guide up. It has the Balloon Festival listed on there.

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyDevil
    Mithrandir -

Hey - welcome back. I don't know if you saw byut I have the event guide up. It has the Balloon Festival listed on there.
    Thanks. I noticed after I posted. I think it is great. Did you program it to pull a list of events or do you have manually input the events?

I have looked in from time to time, but I have been unable to post from work using my name.
    Sincerely,
    Anthony

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MITHRANDIR
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyDevil
    Mithrandir -

Thanks. I noticed after I posted. I think it is great. Did you program it to pull a list of events or do you have manually input the events?
    I have to enter in the events. There isn't a way to really events from any source. I do allow people to submit events - which then sends me an e-mail. I then add these to the event guide.

Banned

Default NJ Festival of Ballooning July 23 25

Smashing line-up indeed mate.
    Do you know any times - what time does the event start and finish?

Tourist

This is one event I want to see.