Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Supersize Me

Thread: Supersize Me

Lady ***** of the Forest

Default Supersize Me

Just wondering if anyone has seen this movie/documentary and would they recommend it or not? (I haven't seen it.)

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

Default Re: Supersize Me

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Plum
    Just wondering if anyone has seen this movie/documentary and would they recommend it or not? (I haven't seen it.)
    I don't really see why. A person eats the most fattening food that a fast food restaurant offers day after day, meal after meal. He gets fat. Wow - never saw that coming.

I would recommend the movie where the person ate McDonalds day after day and wactually lost weight more than the "Supersize Me".

People have choices to make. People who choose to eat only fattening foods at fast food places will get fat. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this out.

Lady ***** of the Forest

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyDevil
    I don't really see why. A person eats the most fattening food that a fast food restaurant offers day after day, meal after meal. He gets fat. Wow - never saw that coming.

I would recommend the movie where the person ate McDonalds day after day and wactually lost weight more than the "Supersize Me".

People have choices to make. People who choose to eat only fattening foods at fast food places will get fat. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this out.
    No... it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out... but I was just asking if it was worth paying to see. Is there more than this guy eating McDonald's meals or what?

If you haven't seen it, then your opinion doesn't really help here, JD. Sorry... I don't mean this as an attack on you or anything. :-/

No... it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out... but I was just asking if it was worth paying to see. Is there more than this guy eating McDonald's meals or what?

If you haven't seen it, then your opinion doesn't really help here, JD. Sorry... I don't mean this as an attack on you or anything. :-/
    Sorry - but I can still have my opinions on whether it is worth seeing or not. I don't think it's worth seeing. As I said - someone eats only the fastest of fast food, gets fat, destroys his health. So what? Anyone with half a brain would know that would happen. Let me go on an all oreo diet and see what happens and then make a movie about it.

Is there more than this guy eating McDonald's meals or what?
    I forgot to address this. No he ONLY eats McDonalds, three times a day, 7 days a week.

Lady ***** of the Forest

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyDevil
    Is there more than this guy eating McDonald's meals or what?
    I forgot to address this. No he ONLY eats McDonalds, three times a day, 7 days a week.
    Is it varied according to the menu... or is it one specific meal that he eats all the time.

Is it varied according to the menu... or is it one specific meal that he eats all the time.
    No - supposedly he eats the same meal over and over again. Big Mac, fries - and he gets supersized and EVERTHING they offer him. If they say - "would you like it supersized" he gets that, if they say - "would you like an apple pie with that" he gets that. It's more of a movie about people who have no self control than it is about whether McDonalds will get you fat or not.

Lady ***** of the Forest

I think most people know that...
    a) McDonald's is a gross place to eat
    b) McDonald's food is not nutritious
    c) eating the same fatty, gross food for a month will get you seriously ill

So, I think I'll abstain from this movie.

Well "Supersize Me" is on the Sundance channel. I have to say - this movie is more ridiculous than I thought. It's as if people have no choice. The guy is just crazy in my opinion. He orders a burger, fries and soda and they asked if he would like to supersize it - so of course he does. He criticizes how big it is and then after he finishes - he ends up throwing up. So let me see - first - I only eat what I want to eat and I only eat as much I want to eat.

One thing I find ironic - is that they critize McDonalds for having playgrounds to lure kids in. Okay let's see- the last time I check - playgrounds were a form of exercise. Based on parents wanting video games and tv to be their children's baby sitter - I would say a lot of kids are probably getting MORE exercise by going to McDonalds. Childhood obesity is one person's fault - that's the PARENTS. McDonalds nor any other fast food place is holding a gun to these people's heads. I really think this movie is more nanny state crap.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!

Default Documentaries

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Plum View Post
    We got it on netflix. It helps me to visually see movies like this to decrease my cravings for junk food.

God knows we see enough ads for them.

Fast food Nation is ok too http://www.netflix.com/Movie/Fast_Fo...8?trkid=496751

I also enjoyed Sicko and
    An Inconvenient Truth speaking of which Al Gore looks good on Saturday Night Live tonight.

] Jokesters, advertisers and political bloggers check out
    Penn Jersey Forums login as guest, password 2011