Thread: New Year's Eve in New Jersey - What are you doing?

Recent Resident

Default New Year's Eve in New Jersey - What are you doing?

I'm curious what's happening in New Jersey for New Year's Eve.

I know the Hyatt in New Brunswick does a party package.

The circle line has a cruise leaving from Jersey City which tours the NY harbor.

Any other neat ideas?

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

Erik -

I just move this to the General New Jersey Discussion. You accidentally put it in the Jersey Shore section.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!

New Jersey Tour Guide Jersey Warren's Avatar

Default Glad You're Back!

I'm glad to see you back here, JD!

I didn't know quite what to make of the post by Sister Golden Hair saying you were in the hospital. I'd never read a post of hers before and wasn't sure her post was "for real" or just someone's idea of a sick joke. (I'm a skeptic by nature.)

Anyway, it is good to know that you are back here!
    Last edited by Jersey Warren; 11-28-2006 at 08:49 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by tifosiv122
    I'm curious what's happening in New Jersey for New Year's Eve.

I know the Hyatt in New Brunswick does a party package.

The circle line has a cruise leaving from Jersey City which tours the NY harbor.

Any other neat ideas?
    Although there are probably many restaurants w/packages for New Year's Eve, one could be at the beach (perhaps with a bonfire and some friends) if it is not too cold. (will need to check for fire permits though). This would be different.

I wonder if Newark or Trenton do anything for New Year's Eve?

I will probably spend it at a friend's house. (I tend to avoid the large crowds and I like watching the ball drop in Times Square on TV)
    Sincerely,
    Anthony

NJ & You, Perfect Together

Post I know what's going on New Years Eve on StatenIsland,NY

On Staten Island,Ny; At Old Bermuda Inn (2512-Arthur Kill Rd.,StatenIsland,NY) There will be a New Years Eve Party.I heard it a good time.
    Ok now I have an update on this New Years Eve Party.
    Cost is $60.00 which includes a 5 course Dinner from; Appetizers,Pasta,Salad,Main Course (which you have a choice)Dessert.
    Champagne Toast & Noise Makers
    Unlimited Soda

There will be a Cash Bar for who wants to have a Drink they have to Pay

If you have any questions Please contact Alice ASAP at 1-718-351-8873
    or e-mail her at stcharles.singles@yahoo.com

But I stay home with my Family.It's a Family Tradition to stay with your Family instead of going out.
    Last edited by srleo06; 12-11-2006 at 07:51 PM. Reason: Updating the New Years Eve Party at Old Bermuda Inn

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Warren
    I'm glad to see you back here, JD!

I didn't know quite what to make of the post by Sister Golden Hair saying you were in the hospital. I'd never read a post of hers before and wasn't sure her post was "for real" or just someone's idea of a sick joke. (I'm a skeptic by nature.)

Anyway, it is good to know that you are back here!
    Thank you Jersey Warren. I hadn't seen your post on this and I thank Mithrandir also and I believe Dave has a post somewhere welcoming me back. I'm doing better now. SGH is someone I met from another board which she moderates and I ask her to moderate here if I'm away. But since she lives in Ohio, she doesn't have much to say about things here, although she did spend 3 weeks with me two summers ago and I showed her around New Jersey.

As for New Years Eve, I'm not sure what I'm doing yet. I may be in Tennessee visiting my sister, or I may be here.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

New Jersey Proud!

Post if anyone is interested.....

If anyone is interested.They could look up this site.Cause they are in Metuchen,NJ

So here it is http://www.geocities.com/st_francissingles

Happy New Year - 2007!!!

I just ended up staying home. What kind of things did others end up doing?

New Jersey Proud!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyDevil
    Happy New Year - 2007!!!

I just ended up staying home. What kind of things did others end up doing?
    I visited a friend's house. I came home about 02:30. It was nice, although I probably should have stayed over since I was a bit tired driving home.

Traffic was light on the GSP (between mile markers 88-142)
    Sincerely,
    Anthony

NJ & You, Perfect Together

Thumbs up I stayed home as well..

I Stayed Home as well.My family has a Tradition to Stay with each other with holidays & even birthdays and such.....
    So I like it,my Family is more important than going out,on these dangerous nights.

Happy New Years
    Attached Images Attached Images

Well what are people doing for 2008 on New Years Eve??? My cousin Frank asked me to go to Martells in Pt Pleasant for New Years. I guess for $40 you have a buffet and includes three drinks - although I don't drink. I wonder if you have to pay for soda.

New Jersey Proud!

Tourist

Default Very Hot New Year's event in Bridgewater

I'll be at the Black and White Ball in Bridgewater at the Days Inn on Rte 22 (next to Houlihan's). The party is being hosted by some very good friends of mine from Velvet Rope Promotions, and I have to say... I don't know exactly why they thought of hosting a NYE party at the Days Inn in Bridgewater, but I actually checked out the venue early on Thursday, and it is absolutely a spectacular spot. There are going to be 3 environments: the bar room, with several TV's and a pool table; the lounge, where people can chill at tables while they eat/ drink; and the ballroom, where 3 DJ's will be playing until 3 AM. The party will have a premium open bar (ie Jack Daniels, Absolut, Blue Moon) from 9pm- 1am. (This is by far the best NYE open bar setup I've ever seen, both in terms of length of time and quality of product)...AND there are of course packages which include dinner, drinks, party, and a room at the hotel...The party goes til 3, but what you do in your rooms beyond that is up to you...This is becoming THE HOT PARTY for New Year's Eve in the area. If you want to check it out, go to http://www.myspace.com/velvetropepromotions or cal 973-232-6646. Happy New Year and please Don't Drink and Drive.

Everyone is looking at this thread - but not registering to post what they are doing. Is anyone doing anything for 2010 - or is everyone just looking for ideas??

At this point, I have no idea what I will be doing for 2010. I may just celebrate at home.

New Jersey Proud!