After much delay and the fear that Rockingham was going to be left to rot because of McGreevey's decision to eliminate the budget to restore the house after it had been moved - it is NOW reopened. I just got back to the grand re-opening today.

I have to say it is incredible. The land is expansive, the parking is hidden in the trees, and one takes a bridge through the woods to enter the land of the farmhouse.

For those who don't know - this is where Washington wrote his fairwell address to his troops after the war. Congress was meeting in Princeton because of the uprisings in Philadlphia. Here Washington entertained Jefferson and had a huge party outside.

The house is restored in 18th century furnishing, a garden and the greatest thing is a life size and and incredible likeness of Washington at the age of 51 wearing his uniform. The research that went into getting his uniform correct is incredible. I highly recommend that you ask about the uniform.

It is located in Rocky Hill, just west of Kingston and north of Princeton, along the D&R Canal.