Thread: Wildwood

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

Default Wildwood

There was recently a documentary called "Wildwood Days" on NJN. It was a really interesting show. I was amazed at all the DooWop hotels there. I will have to get down there to take some pictures for my website. I hadn't been there in a while. Did anyone else get to see it? What is your favorite thing about Wildwood.

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

Wow! Three years later to the day this post was made, I went down to Wildwood. Moreys Pier is quite incredible with the water parks and everything. I will be building the Wildwood pages and uploading some pics shortly.

I'm glad a lot of the Doo Wop hotels have been saved, it definitely gives Wildwood a unique feel and look to it.

I tried out two restaurants that were advertised. One was the Lobster Shack which says they have the best "tails", lobster tails that is. Well, if you like your lobster tails tasting like they came out of the microwave, then I guess this is the place for you. I have to confess though, this is the first time I had eaten lobster tails, I have only ever gotten whole lobsters before - because for one thing, I know that lobster tails are just frozen. I was on a budget on this trip and went for their early bird specials. That being said, I like 3 pound live lobsters - steamed. Lobster should be sweet and juicy. These tails were flavorless and was like eating rubber. The Lobster Bisque I had was okay, but it didn't really have any Lobster pieces in it. Usually with Lobster Bisque, in addition with having some good size lobster chunks in the soup, they also garnish it with pieces of chopped lobster on top.

The other place I ate ate around 11:00 was a Chinese place called The Dragon House. This place was really good and th staff was very nice. I had Wonton Soup, Steamed Dumplings, Chicken Egg Foo Young with Pork Fried Rice and Egg Roll. One thing I was happy about was when they pu my order in, they came back and told me that if I got the combo platter it would be a lot cheaper, because the Pork Fried Rice was $7 by itself, whereas if I got it as combo platter it was only about $9 and it came with soup and egg roll. So with coke and $6 for the steamed dumplings, it only came out to $17. Believe me, I didn't eat all of it. What I do I only eat half and then take the rest home.

I walked the boardwalk from about 1:00pm - 12:00am. Anyone else have any thoughts on Wildwood?
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!

Tourist

Cool If you like Wildwood

Check out www.mrboardwalk.net a really excellent website for people who love Wildwood.

Squid

Tourist

This is really interesting topic. I got many information. It is really helpful.