Thread: What did they do to the Sawmill...

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

Default What did they do to the Sawmill...

I hate the new remodeled Sawmill. I had been there during the winter and I hated it then. I hate it even more now that it is summer. It's like a TGI Fridays or a standard sports bar now. They completely cut themselves off from the boardwalk by enclosing it like they did.

One thing I used to LOVE doing was getting a flame grilled hamburger from their "outside" grill. They have removed that and that area is now enclosed (it used to be located right across from the fresh seafood place).

All the tables are now DEEP inside the building - so it's not even like you're on the boardwalk anymore. I did notice they had SOME seats outside, but there were only liek two tables and both were filled When I go to the boardwalk - I like to be able to see OUTSIDE so I can watch the people go by and still have it feel like I'm outside. With the new design this is all destroyed. I liked the previous rustic look better and will no longer eat at the Sawmill.

Does anyone else have any thoughts on the new Sawmill?

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyDevil
    I hate the new remodeled Sawmill. I had been there during the winter and I hated it then. I hate it even more now that it is summer. It's like a TGI Fridays or a standard sports bar now. They completely cut themselves off from the boardwalk by enclosing it like they did.

One thing I used to LOVE doing was getting a flame grilled hamburger from their "outside" grill. They have removed that and that area is now enclosed (it used to be located right across from the fresh seafood place).

All the tables are now DEEP inside the building - so it's not even like you're on the boardwalk anymore. I did notice they had SOME seats outside, but there were only liek two tables and both were filled When I go to the boardwalk - I like to be able to see OUTSIDE so I can watch the people go by and still have it feel like I'm outside. With the new design this is all destroyed. I liked the previous rustic look better and will no longer eat at the Sawmill.

The new inside is OK, but I think it was not necessary. (Then again I only ate inside once, and that was after the remodeling) I did not have any strong opinion about the design. I am not sure if it is similar to a TGI Fridays, but I did see plenty of TVs around the place. It did seem more expensive than your average TGI Fridays.

I did use to get a pizza slice and a soda for $1.25 years ago. A slice of pizza is now $3.00 (at least it was last summer) without the soda.

If I had a choice, would like to see outside while eating. The boardwalk is great for people watching.
    Sincerely,
    Anthony

NJ & You, Perfect Together

Quote Originally Posted by MITHRANDIR
    The new inside is OK, but I think it was not necessary. (Then again I only ate inside once, and that was after the remodeling) I did not have any strong opinion about the design. I am not sure if it is similar to a TGI Fridays, but I did see plenty of TVs around the place. It did seem more expensive than your average TGI Fridays.
    Well it's just an every day sports bar in my opinion now. And before it was wide open to the boarwdwalk - now you are really closed in. And what the hell happened to their grill that they used to have on the ocean side. That was awesome - they had the best juicy burgers on the boards.
    I did use to get a pizza slice and a soda for $1.25 years ago. A slice of pizza is now $3.00 (at least it was last summer) without the soda.
    Yeah - prices are ridiculous at the boardwalk. And the skimp on the frigging cheese. I think 3 brothers used to be rated the best, now they all basically seem the same to me. I can't decide. I have severasl requirements to pizza - 1) they must be made by Italians 2) must have a lot of cheese 3) must be made fresh (that's why I only order large pies - it requires them to made a fresh one)
    If I had a choice, would like to see outside while eating. The boardwalk is great for people watching.
    Well so would I. But where the bar is now - used to be all seating which was awesome, because you can be inside but there were no walls or anything - so you had a clear view of the outside. it was basically like just be under a canopy.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!

Banned

I was just wondering - what are people's favorite pizza on Seaside boardwalk? I have gone to the Sawmill, Three Brothers, Marucas. I just went to Marucas yesterday with my cousin. They don't put much cheese on the pizza really. It's okay. 3 Brothers is good - but they don't take credit cards. With the Sawmill - I HATE the remodeled building (look at the thread regarding my thoughts on the Sawmill

devil-121 has been banned because they were an obvious spammer. They were ingenious though; they had an advertsing link in their signature, but to make it look like a legitimate post, they copied my first post from the "Favorite Pizza in Seaside" thread. Do they really think they're going to fool me that easily???
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!

New Jerseyan

Cool Things we hate the most!

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyDevil View Post

Well, this thread should be re-titled as 'the things we hate the most'. The 'Mill will definitely feature amongst the top 10, but I do have to say that to be fair, maybe the new look will sort of 'grow on us'.
    But then again, seeing how it looks now, it is going to take centuries before we can really say ' Yeah, the Mill seems to be passable'.

Recent Resident

Quote Originally Posted by simplosys View Post
    Well, this thread should be re-titled as 'the things we hate the most'. The 'Mill will definitely feature amongst the top 10, but I do have to say that to be fair, maybe the new look will sort of 'grow on us'.
    But then again, seeing how it looks now, it is going to take centuries before we can really say ' Yeah, the Mill seems to be passable'.

well said. the sentis in us seem to resist whatever the brains dictate as ugly.

New Jerseyan

Smile Feelin' blue about the new look?

Well, I guess everyone dislikes changes - but we know that change is a part of the process, one that we cannot change. But then, when it comes to the Mill, you can easily figure out that the change has been for the worse. It does not take an einstein to figure that part out. YOu would think that the people from the Mill would have read this post or at the very least, got a gauge of how people felt about the 'new look'. But oh no! things are 'orrible as usual... will they ever learn?