Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Favorite pizza on Seaside Boardwalk

Tourist

I was just wondering - what are people's favorite pizza on Seaside boardwalk? I have gone to the Sawmill, Three Brothers, Marucas. .he boardwalk pizza we enjoyed. Three Brothers is my wife's favorite. ... Click this icon to see all public photos and videos tagged with seaside seaside

New Jersey Tour Guide Jersey Warren's Avatar

Default 3 Brothers still the best

I've eaten pizza from L.A. and San Francisco in the West to New Jersey and New England to the East and in Europe from Lourdes, France, to the Isle of Capri, and I still think 3 Brothers from Italy on the Boardwalk in Seaside Heights is the best anywhere! The three most important things are the crust, the cheese, and the seasonings. When you look at the bottom of good pizza the crust should be like the bottom of a very well done Thomas' English muffin encrusted with bits of cornmeal or semolina, with some particles blackened from contact with the stone bottom of a pizza oven heated to almost 800 degrees.

As for the cheese, it must be 100 percent mozzarella. I can taste even a little cheddar mixed in and it absolutely ruins the pizza.

And there is nothing worse than a bland pizza. When I found a very good pizzeria in the Dallas area I still thought it was too bland and had them put oregano on it for me, to give it that real New Jersey pizzeria taste. A generous sprinkling of garlic salt or powder helps too.

Marucas on the boardwalk had the best crust but the cheese was something other than all mozzarella. Brothers had not quite as good a crust but still a very good one, and the quality of the cheese was better.
    Last edited by Jersey Warren; 10-02-2009 at 08:53 AM.

Tourist

I have to give it to Marucas as well. Though my favorite is Joey Tomatoes in Point Pleasant Beach.

New Jersey Tour Guide Jersey Warren's Avatar

Default Maruca's gets an A+ for the crust and a B+ for the rest

As I wrote above, Maruca's has one of the best crusts anywhere, rustic and properly charred on the bottom, making it nice and crisp. Perfection!

But the cheese definitely has something other than mozzarella in it, maybe cheddar, maybe Munster. And it was a bit on the bland side, so it could have benefited from more oregano and garlic, or else had those seasonings available on the counter for customers to add themselves.