Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Camping places
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Camping places

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

Default Camping places

Does anyone go camping and which are your favorite spots? I have never been camping - except for one night, but it wasn't in New Jersey. I would love to camp in the Pine Barrens.

Lady ***** of the Forest

Default Re: Camping places

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyDevil
    Does anyone go camping and which are your favorite spots? I have never been camping - except for one night, but it wasn't in New Jersey. I would love to camp in the Pine Barrens.
    You've never been camping? Do you mean what? In the past year or two or do you mean ever or what?

*needs to drag this city boy out into the woods with a backpack some day*

Default Re: Camping places

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Plum
    You've never been camping? Do you mean what? In the past year or two or do you mean ever or what?

*needs to drag this city boy out into the woods with a backpack some day*
    Backpacking isn't the same as camping and I don't live in the city,. So I don't see how you can say I'm a city boy. I can go to the 1000 acre Plainsboro Nature Preserve right down the street from me, but that isn't camping.

I also said that I had been camping....

I have never been camping - except for one night, but it wasn't in New Jersey.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyDevil
    Bass River State Park (near exit 52 on GSP) is a good place for Camping. I went there in November when I was in High School.

That was my only camping experience though.

If you go make sure you bring the right gear with you.
    (sleeping bag, tent, tent pegs, flash light, food, emergency kit, etc.)

If you make a campfire, it is cool to cook your food in aluminum foil on the hot embers of the fire.
    Sincerely,
    Anthony

NJ & You, Perfect Together

Recent Resident Eric Stephenson's Avatar

I know this thread is over a year old but I figured this would be a good as place as any to introduce myself:

I'm Eric (obviously) and I have visited a pretty good percentage of the campgrounds and State Parks available in New Jersey of the last 10 to 15 years so whatever questions you might have about camping in New Jersey please feel free to let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Stephenson
    I know this thread is over a year old but I figured this would be a good as place as any to introduce myself:

I'm Eric (obviously) and I have visited a pretty good percentage of the campgrounds and State Parks available in New Jersey of the last 10 to 15 years so whatever questions you might have about camping in New Jersey please feel free to let me know.
    Eric - welcome aboard. I'm glad you decided to join and post. As with most messageboards - starting out a lot of people read, but few post. I hope you'll stick around and share your knowledge and experiences of camping in NJ as well as ANYTHING New Jersey. The more people who post, the more insentive there is for others to come and take the plung.

I also wanted to let you know that I checked out your website and I like it. I'll have t go further into it though, I just did a quick look at the different pages.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!

Recent Resident Eric Stephenson's Avatar

Devil,

Thanks for the warm welcome and the nice words about my site.

It's kind of a labor of love for me. I really like to camp and I really like the variety of climates/types of campground that New Jersey offers.

I will be around so hopefully we can get this messageboard going.

Tourist

Question

Hello, my name is Jenn and my friends and i have been looking around for somewhere to go camping. We recently graduated highschool and we are looking for a site that would be good for a group of teenagers to go. None of us have been camping before so we would really appreciate some tips and pointers on where we should go camping.
    Thanks A Lot!
    Jenn

JD if you are still interested you can look into camping in Double Trouble State Park it is just south of Toms River alongside the GSP.

Quote Originally Posted by 131 Dukes St.
    JD if you are still interested you can look into camping in Double Trouble State Park it is just south of Toms River alongside the GSP.
    I'm going to need to get some equipment, but I would still really like to go. have you camped there?

BTW - I reread my first post where I said "I've never been camping - except for one night" and let me clarify. We had a 38 foot cabin cruiser on Lake Monroe in Indiana. My brother, sister and a friend of ours from the lake had rowed out to the shore and we camped out there. It wasn't like we ate out there, or anything like that. We did make a fire and cooked marshmellows. However, we had dinner and breakfast the following morning on our boat. To give an analogy - it was like sleeping outside an RV Camper. We had all of the modern conveniences located on our boat, but instead of sleeping in a warm comfortable bed, we slept in a sleeping bag outside in a tent. So I don't really consider it "camping" in the traditional sense. It was more like bunking out in the backyard.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

New Jersey Proud!

I have not camped there yet but would like to this summer.
    The only equipment I need at this point is an adult size sleeping bag for my older boy and a tent. I have a coleman stove with an oven that goes on top of the stove and a small sleeping bag for my little one. I also have an Inverter so we can use the cars battery for power if needed.

Tourist

Default would like to get into hiking, camping

I've never hiked or camped before. looking for someone to hike with around nj, and eventually maybe 1-2 night camping.

Welcome NJ2007 - I hope you;ll stick around and post some more and share your thoughts on NJ.

I might be up for some light hiking. I have hiked through the lower part of Worthington State Forest by the Delaware Water Gap. I'm sort of out of shape. I really need to get up there for the fall foliage and get some photos. I have also "hiked" through Allaire State Park. I really love the Pine Barrens and need to get out there more.

New Jersey Proud!

Tourist

Default Hello,

US has many camping places. you are in any city nut i assure you that you will find hundreds of camping places in US. however i love the campsites of Miami.

I've never gone camping either. I think one night a bunch of my friends and I slept in the woods...but it wasn't the kind of camping that really "felt" like camping.

Where are some good spots?
    JerseyMic.com is FREE, and actually goes to open mics in NJ to take pictures and write reviews. An NJ open mic website that was started by a New Jerseyian for New Jerseyians and isn't annoying.

JerseyMic.com

Tourist
    Last edited by billybui119; 07-25-2009 at 05:41 AM.

Tourist

Default Camping places

There are more than lac's of camping places in US. i am quite sure that you will find lots of camping places in each state.

Camping & RV Parks Learn Alaska RV Park

Default Camping at my Salem County Farm

I go Camping at my Salem County Farm.

If someone wants to let me know.
    Attached Images Attached Images

] Jokesters, advertisers and political bloggers check out
    Penn Jersey Forums login as guest, password 2011

Quote Originally Posted by njriverman View Post
    I go Camping at my Salem County Farm.

If someone wants to let me know.
    Welcome NJRiverMan - that looks beautiful and very peaceful.

New Jersey Proud!

Tourist

Wow this thread has been around a really long time!

I have found some really awesome campgrounds in New Jersey, here are my two favorites:

Sea Pirate Campground in West Creek

and

Brendan Byrne State Park in New Lisbon.

Two very different types of campgrounds (one public and one private) that both offer different kinds of camping experiences.

Eric