Thread: Newark Bears

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

Default Newark Bears

Discussion about the Newark Bears baseball team.

New Jerseyan

Default Bears fan

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyDevil
    Discussion about the Newark Bears baseball team.
    I've been a Newark Bears fan ever since the team restarted back up in 1999. I regularly go to games even though I live in South Jersey. The stadium is easy to get to. Ticket prices are reasonable and the players really go all out (we can use some better pitching, though!) I also feel, in a way, that I helping to support Newark's rennaissance, with the building of the Devils arena , the new light rail system, and other projects in the works. My parents were born and grew up in Newark, and told me of the city's former
    greatness. Newark can be great again if people would give it a chance.

Welcome to AboutNewJersey.com beatman.

I agree with you about Newark. Newark is really going through a grat rebirth, now if NJ would only start advertising it. I go to Newark a few times a year, mostly to the museum - which is going to be going through a huge expansion. It'll be great to see the Devils playing there, and I have wanted to see the Bears. The Metro Stars, although technically not in Newark, will be having their stadium just across the River in Harrison. It is a great time for Newark, I hope it really changes the image of that city.

BTW - it's good to hear of a "south" Jerseyan not afraid to come up to "north" Jersey. I don't particularly like the fact that NJ acts like two different states.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!

Which league are they in, the American league, or the... um, other one. I don't know anything about baseball. All I know is the Montreal Expos are in one, and the Toronto Blue Jays are in the other.

The Montreal Expos are now the Washington Nationals as for the newark Bears they are a minor league team with no attachment to the american or national league
    DAVE GERING
    MANAGER JERSEY STORE EWR

Recent Resident

Quote Originally Posted by Nurvingiel
    Which league are they in, the American league, or the... um, other one. I don't know anything about baseball. All I know is the Montreal Expos are in one, and the Toronto Blue Jays are in the other.
    Yes, the Newark Bears are in the Independent League. This league has a few teams in Jersey (the Blue Claws and the Patriots) and others in the East. They attract players hanging on to the hope of signing a pro contract, and also get washed up players that don't want to stop playing. Ricky Henderson played for the Bears a few years ago after MLB teams stopped giving him contracts. I wish he was still playing there. He's still in great shape and can play the game on the Indy level at least.

New Jerseyan

Default Newark Bears

In the Bears league is the Patriots, Surf, and Riversharks ,all from N.J. . There are teams in the league from other states all the teams in this league are independent .The Blueclaws are affiliated with the phillies . The Thunder are a yankee farm team . Two other teams in N.J. are also independent but in the same league, they are the N.J. Jackals and a new team this year the Sussex Skyhawks . The Skyhawks play in the stadium that the N.J. Cardinals used to call home . The Cards left the state after last season to play in penn.
    NEW JERSEY HISTORY SECOND TO NONE !

Recent Resident

Woops ! You're absolutely right NJPRIDE ! Thanks for the assist.

I've played a bunch of times at that park in Sussex County where the Cardinals used to play, and now the Skyhawks call home. It's great.

Tourist

Join Morristown, NJ native and NBA star Troy Murphy for a night of family fun as he coaches third base for the Newark Bears on Friday, July 21 at 7:05 pm (Gates Open at 5:35 pm).

- First 1,500 fans receive a limited edition Troy Murphy Figurine

- Pre-game autograph session with Troy Murphy

- Post-game fireworks

- Auction to benefit the American Cancer Society with a chance to win autographed Troy Murphy merchandise and tickets to the 2006-2007 regular season game between the Golden State Warriors and New Jersey Nets

- Wear NBA apparel and receive FREE admission at the box office

- FREE admission PLUS a voucher for FREE admission to another Bears game for anyone who wears Troy Murphy specific apparel

For information visit us at http://www.newarkbears.com

New Jerseyan

Default I'll be there!

Quote Originally Posted by NewarkBears
    Join Morristown, NJ native and NBA star Troy Murphy for a night of family fun as he coaches third base for the Newark Bears on Friday, July 21 at 7:05 pm (Gates Open at 5:35 pm).

- First 1,500 fans receive a limited edition Troy Murphy Figurine

- Pre-game autograph session with Troy Murphy

- Post-game fireworks

- Auction to benefit the American Cancer Society with a chance to win autographed Troy Murphy merchandise and tickets to the 2006-2007 regular season game between the Golden State Warriors and New Jersey Nets

- Wear NBA apparel and receive FREE admission at the box office

- FREE admission PLUS a voucher for FREE admission to another Bears game for anyone who wears Troy Murphy specific apparel

For information visit us at http://www.newarkbears.com
    I'm a Bears season ticket holder section 105. I just wish the bears were doing better on the field. Maybe they can turn it around the second half.

Does the Newark Bears stadium have a family style atmosphere like the BlueClaws do? The BlueClaws stadium is awesome because they have so muh for families and kids. Also, how are the Newark Bears doing this season now?
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!

New Jerseyan

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyDevil
    Does the Newark Bears stadium have a family style atmosphere like the BlueClaws do? The BlueClaws stadium is awesome because they have so muh for families and kids. Also, how are the Newark Bears doing this season now?
    Bears and Eagles stadium is a great place to see a game. Parking is easy and now there's the new trolley line which joins the stadium with Penn and Broad St stations. The food's pretty good and reasonably priced, and they always have games and stuff that kids can participate in. Also their Saturday night givaways are great. Kids run the bases after the game on Sundays. Unfortunately, the Bears are having a down year in the win/loss column. They need pitching desperately!!

Tourist

Default Fan Appreciation Night

The Newark Bears are proud to present "Fan Appreciation Night" at Bears and Eagles Riverfront Stadium on Thursday, September 21st

Gates open at 5:35 pm to $1 drafts until fist pitch (first pitch at 7:05)

Redeem any unused tickets or present a Bear Claw and receive FREE admission at the box office.

Live music by Culture Inc.

Enjoy a post-game fireworks spectacular presented by IDT.

Also, the Bears will hold a special sale of 20% off all merchandise in the Bears Merchandise Store.

For more information, call 1-866-55-4BEAR(2327) or visit www.newarkbears.com.

2006 Bears Baseball. Get Your Claw On!