Thread: Want Recommendation for Unmobbed Beach

Default Want Recommendation for Unmobbed Beach

I used to love Ocean Grove because it only had some senior citizens on it for part of the day but it became a great family beach. There was even a time when no one was on the beach at Long Branch. (Yes, I am talking quite a few years ago.)

Is there a nice beach towards the northern part of the coast that isn't a mob scene? I would love to go this weekend.

Thanks,
    Wendy
    Wendy
    Back home in New Jersey after some years across the river in Pennsy

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by usv8lover View Post
    I used to love Ocean Grove because it only had some senior citizens on it for part of the day but it became a great family beach. There was even a time when no one was on the beach at Long Branch. (Yes, I am talking quite a few years ago.)

Is there a nice beach towards the northern part of the coast that isn't a mob scene? I would love to go this weekend.

Thanks,
    Wendy
    Sorry I didn't get to respond sooner. It would be really hard to find a beach - even one like Island Beach State Park that isn't busy during Memorial Day weekend. One beach that I know of that usually isn't overly crowded is the most southern tip of the state - Cape May Point. The bay beaches of Cape May might also be less crowded as well.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!