Thread: New Jersey Jackals

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

Default New Jersey Jackals

Discussion about the New Jersey Jackals baseball team.

New Jerseyan

Default N.J. Jackals

It looks like another minor league baseball rivalry in good old N.J. is brewing .The addition of the Sussex Skyhawks to the Jackals league could be interesting . N.J.Cardinals ? who the heck were they , and who cares anymore ? Good ridence .
    NEW JERSEY HISTORY SECOND TO NONE !

Quote Originally Posted by NJPRIDE
    It looks like another minor league baseball rivalry in good old N.J. is brewing .The addition of the Sussex Skyhawks to the Jackals league could be interesting . N.J.Cardinals ? who the heck were they , and who cares anymore ? Good ridence .
    So there is the Sussex Skyhawks now? You didn't like the Cardinals? I have t confess that the Cardinals didn't seem to have much of a following - you hear a lot about the Patriots, trenton Thunder and Lakewood Blueclaws and somewhat the Newark Bears, never really hear much about the Camden Riversharks either.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!

New Jerseyan

Default Jackals

I was a fan of the Cards. .The owner ended up screwing the fans . He took them to PA. citing the reasons lack of fan support , they averaged 3000 per game . There was a team in that league that averaged 500 per game and 2 others that drew no more than 1500 . He also gave a second reason , citing poor play on the field . So going by this guy even if the team is horrible and they dont want to work we still have to show up or else . The last 2 years my wife and I went to 2 games and they were both sold out . Over the years I probably went to about 10 , most being close to a sellout if they werent sold out . This is one reason I like college sports better , they cant pack up shop and leave . We have season tix. for Rutgers football and enjoy the college atmosphere much more then pro ! We also go to R.U. mens and womens basketball , lacrosse ,and soccer games. This year we will also be attending R.U. baseball games . On the other hand I have been to most of the minor league stadiums in the state and do enjoy the minors also much more than the over priced majors . I am a Somerset Patriots fan also .

Quote Originally Posted by NJPRIDE
    He also gave a second reason , citing poor play on the field . So going by this guy even if the team is horrible and they dont want to work we still have to show up or else .
    This reminds me of the Miss American Pageant being moved from AC to LV. It has nothing to do with NJ that there aren't any people watching Miss America, just like if the players aren't good on a baseball team, then moving them across state lines isn't going to miraculously make them better players. I suppose basically by the sound of it, the owner just wanted to leave NJ.
    The last 2 years my wife and I went to 2 games and they were both sold out . Over the years I probably went to about 10 , most being close to a sellout if they werent sold out . This is one reason I like college sports better , they cant pack up shop and leave . We have season tix. for Rutgers football and enjoy the college atmosphere much more then pro ! We also go to R.U. mens and womens basketball , lacrosse ,and soccer games. This year we will also be attending R.U. baseball games . On the other hand I have been to most of the minor league stadiums in the state and do enjoy the minors also much more than the over priced majors . I am a Somerset Patriots fan also .
    the thing is, college sports aren't very big out here. There doesn't seem to be much of a following as much. Now you go to the midwest states and they're basically fanatics about their teams, while New Jerseyans just don't seem to care too much. I find this to be true whether it's college or professional. I thought people in th midwest were crazy by how excited they get by the March Madness and all that, but now I've sort of changed my mind. These states have some great pride, pride in their colleges and pride in their teams and pride in where they live.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!

New Jerseyan

Talking JACKALS

The problem around here is the market is flooded with pro teams who have been more successful in recent years . Until this past season R.U. football had not had a winning season since 1994 and had not been to a bowl game since 1978 . I have friends who want to support them but its hard to when before this year they would lose games 80-7 . With 150,000 Rutgers alumni in N.J. alone if they can prove the embarrassing losses are a thing of the past people will support them . The average attendence at their games has been increasing every year over the last 3-4 years . When my friends and I that have season tickets tailgait at the games we fly not 1 but 2 N.J. flags and this year we will be adding a third R.U. flag . N.J. also has to many minor league teams with another one looking to play at a new stadium at the Meadowlands . They would be in they same league as the Patriots . So whether its major or minor how many teams can N.J. support ? Also alot of other states dont have as many pro teams as we do so the college teams are their only choice .