Thread: NJ Wiki

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

Default NJ Wiki

I'm in the process of developing the NJ Wiki, but it really needs contributors. I wasa wondering how many regular AboutNewJersey.com members would be interested in contributing to it. Submissions and editing are open to all, but to really get the thing started we a lot of articles developed. Much can be taken from Wikipedia, which as most of you know I can't stand. But the erros can be corrected and the snide comments can be removed and the proper usage such as "New Jerseyan" versus using deragatory "New Jerseyite" an all be changed.

I have an article on New Jersey and on Trenton I was working on. I'm not going to put the link to the NJ Wiki here yet, however those who are interested and would like to see what I have so far can PM me and I will be happy to send you the link. It's just not ready for Prime Time.

The NJ Wiki is really to conteract the many erroneous pieces of information I have encountered on Wikipedia, not to mention the snide comments that people put into their articles.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!

If you are interested in looking at the NJ Wiki please go here - http://wiki.AboutNewJersey.com Just to let you know there is still a lot of clean up and so forth to do. If anyone wishes to help - please just contact me. There are a lot of articles which can be created and/or modified.

For those you may not be familiar with what NJ Wiki is - it's an open online NJ Encyclopedia (or hopefully will grow into that). Right now the information is being taken from Wikipedia, with edits. Many people on wikipedia publish deragatory and untrue comments about NJ or give a distorted negative image of the state. To counteract this, I have decided to create the NJ Wiki. I am hoping I can get your help in this. If you have any questions, please don't hestitate to contact me.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

New Jersey Proud!

New Jerseyan

Default Great idea!

Hi JD,

NJ Wiki is a great idea, and I'd be glad to help you in some way. Just let me know.

Deb
    If you're a Jersey musician, please check out my Yahoo! Group, NJ Musician's Network...where you can meet and network with other NJ musicians. Sign up is easy (and free) http://groups.yahoo.com/group/njmusiciansnet/

Quote Originally Posted by DebbieSans
    Hi JD,

NJ Wiki is a great idea, and I'd be glad to help you in some way. Just let me know.

Deb
    Thanks Deb -

How familiar are you with submitting or editing articles in Wikipedia? If you aren't then I can explain how to do it for NJ Wiki. Just let me know.

Thanks - JD

New Jersey Proud!

New Jerseyan

Hey JD...I'm not familiar with it at all but am willing to learn.

Deb
    If you're a Jersey musician, please check out my Yahoo! Group, NJ Musician's Network...where you can meet and network with other NJ musicians. Sign up is easy (and free) http://groups.yahoo.com/group/njmusiciansnet/