Thread: Surflight Theater

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

Default Surflight Theater

Has anyone gone to Surflight Theater? I have seen several productions there this year, including Boys from Syracuse, Grease and Miss Saigon. It's really interesting seeing the wide variety of plays during the season because it's all the same actors. You really get to see their dynamic range.

Miss Saigon was really incredible and not at all what I expected. I had always wanted to see it, but never got a chance.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyDevil
    Has anyone gone to Surflight Theater? I have seen several productions there this year, including Boys from Syracuse, Grease and Miss Saigon. It's really interesting seeing the wide variety of plays during the season because it's all the same actors. You really get to see their dynamic range.

Miss Saigon was really incredible and not at all what I expected. I had always wanted to see it, but never got a chance.
    I have not gone recently but have gone alot in the past. I do visit the singing Ice cream parlor whci is great. hopefully within a year i will again become a South Jersian (or is that Jersiate) again. We are looking to move to Manahawkin but must find a job first since I will not want to comute to Newark Airport every day.
    DAVE GERING
    MANAGER JERSEY STORE EWR

Quote Originally Posted by davegering
    I have not gone recently but have gone alot in the past. I do visit the singing Ice cream parlor whci is great.
    Yes, I have been there too. You really have to be an outgoing person though. Since it's audience participation.
    hopefully within a year i will again become a South Jersian (or is that Jersiate) again.
    It's southern NEW Jerseyan and definitely NOT Jerseyite.
    We are looking to move to Manahawkin but must find a job first since I will not want to comute to Newark Airport every day.
    So who is going to work at the Jersey Store? I can't believe you would leave the Jersey Store.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

New Jersey Proud!

Tourist

The surflight theater has an exceptional summer program for kids. This year we went down a few times to see Cinderella and Snow White. The kids absolutely loved it and from an adult's perspective, they were very well performed.

I would suggest that any parent bringing kids there either get tickets online or arrive one hour before the show as its usually standing room only and shows sell out quick.

Well it's another season at Surflight Theatre. I saw Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat tonight. This is their third play of the season - I saw the last two also. The play was different than I thought it would. I had never seen it before. They got a standing ovation and as always the set design and costumes were great, as were the actors. If you are in Beach Haven, or on Long Beach Island for that matter, seeing a play a Surflight is a must do event.

I saw Thoroughly Modern Millie last time and the first act seemed to drag, but the second act completely changed my perception of the play and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

One of the disappointing things abut Surflight - and it's doesn't really have anything to do with Surflight, is that the restaurants all stop serving by the time the plays end. Panzone's stops serving at 10:00 as does Buckalews Restaurant & Tavern. I did find "A Slice of Heaven Pizza" which was surprisingly good. I was preparing myself to be disappointed, but the crust was nice and crusty. They're right next to Fantasy Island Amusement Park. I discovered there are some restaurant in Bay Village and I need to check out if they're open late. I'm more of a lat night eater and eating prior to a play isn't really my thing. I would rather go relax after the play and get something to eat then.

New Jersey Proud!

Tourist

Surflight Theatre has spent the last 5 years developing and presenting theatre for young audiences through ‘Surflight To Go’, a touring educational theatre troupe. The objective of the program is to enhance the lives of school students by broadening their arts education experiences through the magic of live theatre, while addressing New Jersey Department of Education core curriculum requirements in the arts as well as other disciplines.
    The company presents 45-minute performances designed to be at the same time entertaining, thought provoking and educational. 5 shows will be available this season, aimed at all age groups, ranging from pre K through high school.