Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lost myself somewhere in Red Bank and NYC

Recent Resident

Default NJ turnpike + Garden State Pkwy

dave thanks for your replies...

so if i am right, when if i am living in hoboken, and getting back from my eatontown office, on the northbound garden state pkwy, the problem starts after i get on the new jersey turnpike northboud... (i would have to go northbound on both freeways when i am going to hoboken from eatontown right?)

but by real curiousity, do you think in the mornings could i make it in 1 hour? (50 miles) but not so much in 1 hour when going back home to hoboken from eatontown around 6 pm then?

i am just hoping that it doesnt get like LA traffic... I hope..

right now i spend total of 3 hours of daily in weekdays, you know for how many miles? listen to this, only for 50 miles in total daily. (25 in the morning + 25 in the evening)

istanbul traffic! (worst than LA, in fact worst than anywhere else in the world i have ever experienced)

so from hoboken to eatontown (50 miles one way) i am gonna get there in/around 1 hour?! thats not too bad for my standards at all

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

In my opinion - northern NJ traffic is no where near as bad as LA traffic which seems to just be complete gridlock. In my view - the only place you're really going to have a problem is around the Jersey City/Newark area of the Turnpike.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!

Recent Resident

That's a relief.

1 hour is really not that bad for me. but i think right now my decision is, to live somewhere closer to work to Eatontown for first 6 months, and with this i can get used to my new environment, new state. i can always move to hoboken for NYC, however initially i have to also figure out my financial situation because the company is not paying me anything special at all. i hope i will be ok after all this thought i will keep you updated. the company said i am not going there before november. so i still have full 1,5 months before things get real hype.

will keep you posted, with my new questions most probably

Check out Old Bridge or South Amboy I lived in both spots. I worked in Eatontown when I lived in South Amboy and it was an easy ride. I also lived in Eatontown for 2 years.
    DAVE GERING
    MANAGER JERSEY STORE EWR

Recent Resident

hi guys... rainy days are back here in istanbul. usually after 12th of september (the summer time starts around first week of june) the weather changes completely... steel grey clouds come back for their turn at the sky. the schools reopen, traffic jams gets longer...

thought everything about my job change would come to light around this time. but lots of changes at the company right now so it is taking time.

i think things will be clearer mid october, even late october...

will keep you updated..

thanks for all the input.

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

The fall weather here is approaching, but I love fall. With the rain we should be getting really nice colors on the trees. I need to get up to mountain this year and finally take some pictures.

I bet you'r getting anxious just to get started on the move. Probably if you had an absolute date it wouldn't be so bad, but not having that it's hard to plan out a move.

So right now you are in Istanbul then? I'll be away this weekend, but I'm just going up to Canada with my cousin to visit a friend. This is a bit off topic, but I know you have traveled a lot -have you ever been to Sweden and in particular Stockholm? I have a friend who I got to know through the net, and I would really like to see Stockholm and Sweden some day. There is one problem, I would really love to be there for Christmas and then for the Midsummer festival in June. I guess I'll just have to plan on going twice.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!

Recent Resident

I have never been to Sweden myself, although I came very close when i was taking a train trip around central europe last summer, I just had to cut my trip short at the time. I have a friend in Sweden that i wanted to visit for a long time as well, and also when i was in high school in Hong Kong, one of my girlfriends (actually the one i really liked at the time) was from Sweden.

She is a dancer now in London! a really good dancer I heard, I was in London last January, since I finished high school in Hong Kong most of my old friends are from Britian, and they mostly moved to UK after Hong Kong was handed over to China. so yeah, I called her up, after meeting with a mutual old friend I got her number, and left the cheeziest message to her voicemail.

hoping that she never got it later on. you know when you are 18 you act foolish, and when you actually think you can get back to those days with an occasion like that, you go straight back to being foolish again

anyways.. she was sweet.. swedes are usually great people.

you should def check it out if you got a friend inviting you there.

I would prefer the summer, since they told me it is beautiful in Sweden, i think winters are rather cold. so try to get there in June for sure.