Thread: Gloria Massís Obituary by the Asbury Park Press.

New Jersey Tour Guide Jersey Warren's Avatar

Default Gloria Massís Obituary by the Asbury Park Press.

We just got back from our second visit to New Jersey since January, the first to visit my mother in the hospital and this past weekend for her funeral. Despite the sadness, it was a good opportunity to mend some ill feelings leftover from the past, and my relationship with my brothers is better than it has been in many years. I think my mother must be smiling down on us, happy that all of her sons are once again on very good terms! Here is her obituary:
    http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/app...&pid=140597864

Gloria J. Mass
    Photo
    (Asbury Park Press)

GLORIA J. MASS
    Gloria J. Mass, 83, of Toms River, died on March 9, 2010. She was born in Queens, NY, the daughter of the late Robert and Pauline Davidson. She graduated from Union Hill High School in 1944. She was the former owner/operator of Ocean Employment Agency in Toms River from 1972 until her retirement in 1997. Mrs. Mass was an active member of the Compassionate Friends of Ocean County and she was a communicant of St. Joseph RC Church, Toms River.
    She was the loving mother and is survived by her four sons and daughters-in-law, Warren and Martha Mass of Ave Maria, Fl; Gary and Charlene Mass of Toms River, NJ; Greg and Linda Mass of Middletown, NJ; and Glenn and Debbie Mass of Forked River, NJ; and her grandchildren, Thom, Sarah, Jeffrey, Ryan, Brett, Samantha, Alexandra, and William, and one great grandchild, Jake. Mrs. Mass was preceded in death by her former husband Warren and her son Peter.
    Visiting will be Friday from 2-4 and 7-9 PM at the Silverton Memorial Funeral Home, 2482 Church Rd., Toms River. A funeral Mass will occur at St. Joseph RC Church on Saturday at 9:00 am . The family has requested that in lieu of flower, please make donations to the Compassionate Friends of Ocean County, NJ P.O. Box 485, Toms River, NJ 08754.

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

Jersey Warren -

I wanted to say how sorry I am about your mother. I know how hard it can be. Although my mother died very young, I don't think there is an age limit on the sense of loss and sadness involved with a parent or anyone who you are truly close to.

I am glad things are working out better with your brothers and I hope this gives you a chance to heal old wounds. It is odd how a mutual loss can bring people together and put away their differences.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!

Warren
    Sorry about your mom's passing It is always hard to lose a parent no matter the age even more so for guy's and there moms We will say a prayer for her.

New Jersey Tour Guide Jersey Warren's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by njmusic View Post
    Warren
    Sorry about your mom's passing It is always hard to lose a parent no matter the age even more so for guy's and there moms We will say a prayer for her.
    Thank you so much. I don't think I know you well, so I'd like to know more about you, when you get a chance.

I appreciate your kind words!