Thread: Traveling to Europe

Lady ***** of the Forest

Default Traveling to Europe

I'm taking 5 weeks and going to Europe for June and part of July.

I will fly into London, UK... but I will not be there but 2 days.

I will fly to Rome, Italy and visit Pompeii, take a train to Ancona (sp?) and take a ferry to the beaches of Split, Croatia. After that, I'll take a ferry back to Italy and visit old Venice. Then a train to the CinqueTerre where I plan a lot of hiking between the towns and seafood. I'll go to see the beaches of Nice, France... and perhaps Montecarlo... then Barcelona and Madrid, Spain. Then Paris, France... Belgium (Burges???)... then Amsterdam, Netherlands. Finally, a late flight back to London and I'm back on a plane for home the next day.

I hope to be able to post news from my trip during my vacation. However, I don't know if I'll be able to get to a computer while I'm there.

If anyone has any suggestions for my trip, such as "must sees", let me know.

Lady ***** of the Forest

Oh, in addition, if you'd like to post about your own European vacation (in any country) you may do so here if you do not want to start your own thread.

That's gonna be fun! Congratulations for being able to do that for five weeks!

I want to go there; everywhere in Europe. I can tell you that you'll love Monaco and Venice. Venice is so easy to familiarize with after spending a night, and the city itself is remarkable, let alone it's 'tourist attractions' (like the glass-blowing factory). And if you actually want to look, you can easily find an internet cafe there.

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

Oh - Stephanie actually already went. When she flew back - she came into JFK and then departed from LaGuardia for Texas - so I went to pick her up at JFK and drove her to LaGuardia. It was cool - and we got a bite to eat. Hopefully she'll be back on soon to post about her vacation.

New Jersey Tour Guide Jersey Warren's Avatar

Smile Your itinerary similar to ours

Hi Stephanie,

That sounded like SOME trip!

My wife (Martha) and I went to Europe in 2001 for three weeks. We flew to Lisbon, Portugal and went by train to Fatima one day, then Sintra and Cabo da Rocha (Westernmost point on mainland Europe) the next. We took an overnight train to Madrid, two days there, then an overnight train to Lourdes, in France. Two days there then on to Avignon for two days, then to Nice for three. While there, we went to Monaco for a day. Next to Genoa for two days so I could see the city two of my great grandparents came from, and Christopher Columbus's childhood house. Then by train to Rome, where we stayed for five days. While in Rome, we took the train to Naples for a day, and then the boat out to Capri. Another day, we took the train to the seaside resort town of Nettuno, which looked a lot like a Jersey Shore town, jettys and all. We saw most of the major tourist things in Rome: Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps, the Vatican, the Colloseum, the catacombs, the "Mouth of Truth" stone, the Via Veneto and Via Condoti, etc. I want to go back some day.

In a previous trip with her sister in 1996, Martha took the boat across the Adriatic to Split, then by bus to Medjugorje.

Martha and I flew home on September 9, 2001, just 36 hours before the 9-11 hijackings. We planned the trip a year in advance, so we were very lucky.

For our next trip, Martha wants to go to Scotland, where her father came from. Since I have my 40th class reunion in Ramsey later this year, Scotland will have to wait until 2007 or 08.

Traveling is so much fun!
    Last edited by Jersey Warren; 05-02-2006 at 11:59 AM. Reason: correct typos

Recent Resident

Default re:hello

In londres . That was a nice place guys. Lots of interesting sites and more convenient place. With a great offers such as hotel accommodation and some were londres restaurante . Very neat and very attractive. This place was perfect place for summer vacation. Lots of popular beach and interesting sites. Lots of enthusiastic people. Lots of views. It was a great place. With lots of tourist attractions .

Recent Resident

Is your vacation over now? Try Ireland next time.

Tourist

wow! what a hectic trip... costa brava holidays is also a must attraction in Europe...

Have fun!

Recent Resident

Can't wait to hear from her!

Recent Resident

Why not try to travel ireland next time... You may need some of our services.