Thread: Anyone been to Avon?

New Jerseyan

Default Anyone been to Avon?

My wife and I are in search of a nice beach on the northern shore. We're a fairly young couple from Bergen County who usually go to the beach on Sundays at either Point Pleasant or Belmar or Seaside Heights.

But lately we have been in search of something a little less crowded and a little easier to get in and out of without getting stuck in too much traffic.

This past Sunday we tried the beach at Seven Presidents Park in Long Branch for the first time. We thought it was OK. I definitely saved time on the traffic.

I was considering trying Sea Bright.

But for now I'm trying to get any opinions on Avon.

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

Have you thought of Sandy Hook or is that too "relaxing"? I haven't been to Avon. Like you I'm mostly familiar with Pt Pleasant and Seaside. I was thinking of checking out Asbury Park. Need to frequent it a bit in order to help it in it's revitalization.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!

New Jerseyan

Smile PP is really great!

Come on, Point Pleasant is a really great place, someone should make s series about that[ but then again,maybe they have already]. Anyway, it is the atmosphere that makes PP such a great place to go to especially during the weekends.
    But I guess, you are looking at less popular places to go to? Well, then in that case, you may as well try the whole shore line, for there are not that many beaches that popular as PP. PP rocks!

New Jerseyan

Quote Originally Posted by simplosys View Post
    Come on, Point Pleasant is a really great place, someone should make s series about that[ but then again,maybe they have already]. Anyway, it is the atmosphere that makes PP such a great place to go to especially during the weekends.
    But I guess, you are looking at less popular places to go to? Well, then in that case, you may as well try the whole shore line, for there are not that many beaches that popular as PP. PP rocks!
    Oh believe me, I've been going to Point Pleasant for years. I have had many great times there! And I still like to go there sometimes. I was just looking for something a little more relaxing and low key. I have heard that there are many hidden gems along the Jersey Shore! It's been two years since I posted that question about Avon, and I have still not checked it out. Eventually, I'll get there!

New Jerseyan

Smile Hi there!

I guess if you are looking for something really low-key and relaxing, you could try out a few other places besides PP. But for me, I guess I will always be a pp fan. there are not other places that one can head to but there is something about pp that just draws you each and everytime, well, at least in my case that's certainly true..