Thread: Jersey Shore

New Jerseyan

Default Jersey Shore

Surprised nobody on the board discussed this unless i missed it - i finally saw an episode and i saw the kids on another show - i think it is g_dawful and makes NJ look worse than the Sopranos ever did

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NJBarb View Post
    Surprised nobody on the board discussed this unless i missed it - i finally saw an episode and i saw the kids on another show - i think it is g_dawful and makes NJ look worse than the Sopranos ever did
    I didn't bother posting about it here. I had posted articles on the AboutNewJersey.com Blog about it, including a letter I e-mailed to Chris Christie, which I wrote a month before the show even aired. The show is a disgrace and I can't believe there are actually some NJ tourism representatives who are actually now defending the show because it brought in money during the filming. The negative comments on news blogs, messageboards, and facebook about New Jersey, New Jerseyans and the Jersey Shore our outrageous. People all over the world has associated this train wreck of a show with New Jersey and its residents, and why wouldn't they - this is the way MTV marketed it. Only ONE cast member was even from New Jersey, all the rest were New Yorkers with a Rhode Islander thrown in. They never even went to the beach or did anything at the boardwalk, all they ever did was go bar hopping and get into fights.

The people on the show seem to have less brain cells than pond scum.

You can read the blog posts here...

Letter to Governor-Elect Chris Christie - Tourism and the Image of New Jersey
    MTV's "Jersey Shore" Make a Mockery of the REAL Jersey Shore

I was all over the web, posting information about the REAL New Jersey and New Jersey in general on the MTV website, MTV Jersey Shore facebook pages, news blogs and more - to educate people on what New Jersey and the shore is REALLY like. MTV took one small aspect of Seaside Heights and painted the whole Jersey Shore with one big brush.

What is now even worse, is Jersey Shore season 2 which won't even take place in New Jersey, but yet they will still be using our most marketed tourism brand - "The Jersey Shore" as the title of the show. MTV has stolen the name "Jersey Shore" and dragged it through the mud. It's like them going to Walt Disney World or any other major tourist attraction in the US, filming a bunch of idiots drinking, beating up people, cursing and calling it "Walt Disney World". Of course, one of the problems is that at least most people have some sense of what Walt Disney World is like, most people do not know what the REAL Jersey Shore is like. They don't know about Wildwood, Victorian Cape May, Island Beach State Park, Long Beach Island, Long Branch. Sandy Hook.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!