Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Question 1 Open space

Thread: Question 1 Open space

Default Question 1 Open space

Please help our farmers, tree farmers and land owners. Vote YES on question 1.
    On Tuesday, November 3, you have a chance to make a difference in the future of property owners rights and conservation for our state.

Vote YES on Public Question # 1: The Green Acres Clean Water Act.

Public Question # 1: The Green Acres Clean Water Act is a $400 million bond which, if approved by NJ voters would be used to continue funding the New Jersey Green Acres, Farmland and Historic Preservation program.

Since 1961, this nationally-recognized program has preserved over 390,000 acres of land to protect drinking water, wildlife habitat, create public parks and protect working family farms.

This ballot measure is about ensuring the health and quality of life of everyone in New Jersey — now and for future generations.

Please help our farmers, tree farmers and land owners. Vote YES on question 1.

Vote YES on Public Question #1: The Green Acres Clean Water Act and urge your family and friends to do the same!

click here to learn how New Jersey’s voters have a long history of approving similar conservation funding measures

http://www.nature.org/wherewework/no.../news3288.html

] Jokesters, advertisers and political bloggers check out
    Penn Jersey Forums login as guest, password 2011

New Jerseyan

This state has ENOUGH debt! I and my wife will be voting NO on question 1!
    NEW JERSEY HISTORY SECOND TO NONE !

Tourist

Default How do you even know what you are voting for?

I like the fact that you would like to see the state preserve its open space, but I wish you would post some information on the details of this public question. I can't seem to find any details on how the money is going to be spent, or anything on how it will be paid back? I like the idea and would support it if I could find out more about the details and the repayment scheme. Otherwise 5 sentences is not going to be enough information for me to give the state a check for $400 million. We need to be determining how we pay for things before we do them, we can't just keep doing things because they are important without being able to pay for them.
    Last edited by NJ Voter; 11-02-2009 at 08:14 PM.

Thumbs up 2009 Ballot Question 1

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Voter View Post
    I like the fact that you would like to see the state preserve its open space, but I wish you would post some information on the details of this public question. I can't seem to find any details on how the money is going to be spent, or anything on how it will be paid back? I like the idea and would support it if I could find out more about the details and the repayment scheme. Otherwise 5 sentences is not going to be enough information for me to give the state a check for $400 million. We need to be determining how we pay for things before we do them, we can't just keep doing things because they are important without being able to pay for them.

The referendum and results are at:

http://www.pennjersey.info/forums/ne...e-results.html

It passed.

] Jokesters, advertisers and political bloggers check out
    Penn Jersey Forums login as guest, password 2011

Default Question 1 Open space

I think I would ask him,....."So, Mr. President,...Hows this change working out for you?"

Quote Originally Posted by Abablemerge View Post
    I think I would ask him,....."So, Mr. President,...Hows this change working out for you?"
    What does the President have to do with this?