Thread: Clerks 2

Recent Resident

Default Clerks 2

I saw Clerks 2 this weekend and it had a lot of cool Jersey references and plugs. My favorite was a girl wearing an I *heart* NJ shirt of the I *heart* NY style. It's set somewhere around the Jersey Shore, as was Clerks 1 and Chasing Amy, I believe. The humor won't connect with all of America (it's rated R for the language), but it was a fun film, especially for all the Jersey stuff.

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

MABL- I was going to post about this. I haven't seen the movie yet, but I know that it does have a lot of NJ references. I have to refresh my memory a bit and look some things up abotu kevin Smith - but I believe most of his things take place in or around redbank. His comicbook store is located there. I do want to see the movie. I have Clerks on DVD. Have you seen Dogma?

BTW - I'm moving this to the NJ movies forum.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!

Recent Resident

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyDevil
    MABL- I was going to post about this. I haven't seen the movie yet, but I know that it does have a lot of NJ references. I have to refresh my memory a bit and look some things up abotu kevin Smith - but I believe most of his things take place in or around redbank. His comicbook store is located there. I do want to see the movie. I have Clerks on DVD. Have you seen Dogma?

BTW - I'm moving this to the NJ movies forum.
    Yes, I think most of Smith's movies take place in the Red Bank area. His comic shop is located there (http://jsbstash.stores.yahoo.net/) and he was born there. In fact, I think the original Clerks was shot in the same convenience store that he actually worked at !

I think all his movies that feature Jay and Silent Bob are considered to be in the same "universe", similar areas, and have subtle connections between them. Mallrats came out after Clerks 1 and was set in a NJ Mall. Very underrated, I loved that movie. Then Chasing Amy came out to complete his "Jersey Trilogy". Amy was Smith's most mainstream flick. Hit a nerve with the ladies. Then Dogma came out. It was very interesting, great cast, tackled religion with humor. Next came Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, a way to tell a story centralized around the dynamic duo. Then Smith tried to get out of this universe and create a "stand alone" film, Jersey Girl. It's set in Philly I think. Didn't do too well at the box office, I still haven't seen it. It came out after Ben and Jen broke up, Lopez has a small role in the beginning of the film because they were still together when it was being filmed, so when they started advertising for the movie it was funny how they didn't mention her at all. Now we have Clerks 2.

New Jerseyan

My wife and I watched this movie last weekend on pay per view. All I can say is, I laughed my ASS off!
    NEW JERSEY HISTORY SECOND TO NONE !