Thread: i wish to find serious man

Tourist

Post i wish to find serious man

I write at this forum, because i can not find other way
    to get acquainted with the man.
    i tried to be registered on dating sites
    but everywhere demand a credit card for payment.
    i have no credit card
    .... some about itself, if you interesting
    to meet with the nice girl.
    i the blonde with blue eyes, an athletic body.
    i could not find to place my photo here.
    if you interesting to acquaintance with me,
    leave message on mine email: [e-mail deleted]
    i can send my photos to yours e-mail.
    the big hope! to find single man
    which wishes to get acquainted with me.

Default Free Personals

Try these free dating sites (they ARE free):

http://www.plentyoffish.com/
    http://www.friendster.com/index.php

I'm not having any luck either...and I am totally discouraged.
    Guys my own age (40s) start their age ranges as 18, 20 or 25 - what do they think they could actually have in common with a girl that young?
    Then you have all these news shows where they have men meeting kids online and showing up at their house to meet underage kids for sex...
    I think all the decent guys are taken

I wish you luck!
    Wendy
    Back home in New Jersey after some years across the river in Pennsy

Default Free Personal websites

There is also myspace.com

If anyone knows of any other good free sites I'd be intereted.

There's always some nonsense you have to put up with but most sites allow you to block people you don't want contacting you.
    Wendy

Default Where to meet people in New Jersey???

We can turn this into a real New Jersey thread!

Where are good places to meet people in New Jersey?

I can't stand cigarette smoke and I don't drink. Does anyone have suggestions that fit the bill?
    Wendy

New Jersey Tour Guide Jersey Warren's Avatar

Hi Wendy,

Maybe my story can provide some insight. In 1992 my ex-wife moved to Dallas to take a new job while I stayed behind in L.A. to sell our house. When I finally arrived, she told me she wanted to end our marriage. I was 44 and had no job, no home, and knew no one in Dallas.

I found a rented room and grabbed the first job I could find (as a security guard) to keep from starving. (Fortunately, I went back to my career as a writer about 9 years ago.)

Since I am Catholic, I joined seveal area Catholic single/separated/divorced/widowed groups. (Other churches have similar groups.) They had lots of activities, including dances. I eventually found my match, but the search took years longer than it should have, because of the materialistic values of so many of the women I met. I spent four years looking, but not because I wasn't ready to commit. I missed family life and wanted to meet up with a divorced mother about my age and help her raise her kids. I made lots of "just friends," but no one was interested in dating me. I looked for a woman to take out to a nice Italian restaurant on my birthday and could find no takers. These snobbish women would not even accept a free dinner from a mere security guard. It might ruin their image. I really believe they wrote me off because I was making only $6.75 an hour, even though with my background, it was just a matter of time before I went back to my career. (Before that, I had been in publishing for over 20 years.)

My heart was broken by several women I met who obviously liked me "as a friend" but who would not take me seriously. I would have married more than one of them. I was ready to commit at any time to a woman who showed some interest. None did. Finally I met Martha, my present wife, at one of those church dances. She was a bit older than me, and her kids were grown, but she was interesteed in me and won my heart. It was the other women's loss.

I once took one of those female friends (one who I thought was too young for me, only about 31, so I was content to have her as "just a friend") along with me to a dance. She left early, because she thought all the guys there were "nerds." They were nice, clean-cut, Ivy League-Preppy-type guys and she thought that type were not exciting enough for her. She preferred the "bad boy" type.

The moral is, if you want to find a nice guy, you have to frequent places where nice guys congregate. You'll do better at church-sponsored singles dances than at bars. The same goes for guys. You will find better wife material at church dances than at bars. After you find the man or woman of your dreams, you can go to a bar together for fun.

And remember, also. A man (or woman) of good character with a so-so job can always get more education and get a better job. A man (or woman) of low character will always be a man (or woman) of low character, no matter how much money he (or she) makes.

Good luck in your search, Wendy, and never give up. Your "Mr. Right" is out there. Everyone deserves someone to love!

Quote Originally Posted by usv8lover

Guys my own age (40s) start their age ranges as 18, 20 or 25 - what do they think they could actually have in common with a girl that young?
    Then you have all these news shows where they have men meeting kids online and showing up at their house to meet underage kids for sex...

I wish you luck!
    Last edited by Jersey Warren; 07-19-2006 at 01:58 PM.

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

I'm going to keep this thread open - but I did move it. I just wanted to let everyone who reponded that the poster is a spambot. However, since there were meaningful replies I have decided to let it go for now.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!

Default Where to meet people...church groups

Since I'm not religious I don't feel like I can go to church sponsored groups. It would make me uncomfortable. I would think people are trying to meet other religious people.

I also don't have the guts to go to any of these single group activities I've seen. I always say I will try but I can't get myself to go. I have also heard from others that the group members are a lot older than I am.

I am living in a low class area....and I don't fit in. I was used to living in and around Princeton, NJ and working with people with Masters and PhDs. I feel like I'm in intellectual hell.

What a person makes doesn't mean anything to me...unless they are totally irresponsible money-wise.
    Wendy

Default I know a site;Its called Meetup.com...

I know of a site its called http://www.Meetup.com

Well there are groups that are Private and you'll need to pay.

But not the ones that I am about to tell you about;

NjSingles Meetup.com

Staten Island Catholics Singles Meetup.com (this one just started last week 11/27/06)

Singles in Staten Island Meetup.com

I am one of the Asst.Organizers on Nj Singles Meetup, Plus the Organizer of Staten Island Catholics Singles Meetup, And just a member of Singles in Staten Island Meetup.com

On this site they have everything for everyone.And wherever they live.

Meetup.com

Tourist

Try online dating, or better wait for the right man. It will come!

Default i wish to find serious man

Tried several online dating sites. Finding someone on paper doesn't seem to work. Met a few guys and they were totally wrong for me.

Would date someone, but I can't seem to find any decent, single men. The only guys I like alreayd are in a relationship.

Wendy
    Wendy

Tourist

Well, maybe your standards are so high!

If that's the case, just wait for the right man to come to you.

Tourist

Quote Originally Posted by usv8lover

I wish you luck!
    He's right! Go on those dating sites, maybe it'll work..

Recent Resident

Quote Originally Posted by cialouhayes
    Well, maybe your standards are so high!