Thread: 1001+ Great Things About New Jersey

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

Default 1001+ Great Things About New Jersey

I saw a book at the bookstore yesterday - 1001 Great Sayings About New York and it was all these great things people have to say about that city. Well I know for a fact that we can come up with far more for the state of New Jersey, so I decided to post this thread.

Just post ONE great thing that you love about New Jersey. Just one item per post.

What I love about New Jersey -
    I love the diversity of New Jersey, from the geography, to the attractions to the people. You have the mountains, to the sandy shore and wetlands. We have historic sites, revolutionary war reenactments, beaches and boardwalks all within a short distance of each other. As for the diversity of people, we have every religion, spoken language and race within our borders. New Jersey is not only microcosm of America - it's a microcosm of the world!
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!

Default Hot Air Balloon Festival in Warren County New Jersey

Of course I would have to say one great thing about New Jersey is my event - the Hot Air Balloon Festival at the Warren County Farmers' Fair.

I could probably add another 50 if I could include the different activities at the Fair, like the Elvis Impersonator or the Kids Corral or the tethered balloon rides or the Walk-a-Bout Balloon or the Demolition Derby......

Default The tomatoes!

Seriously, the tomatoes! One of the greatest things has got to be the farmland and the fields (at least in South Jersey).

I LOVE blueberries, and I love having tomatoes in the backyard in the summer. It's unbeatable. We ARE the garden state, after all!
    JerseyMic.com is FREE, and actually goes to open mics in NJ to take pictures and write reviews. An NJ open mic website that was started by a New Jerseyian for New Jerseyians and isn't annoying.

JerseyMic.com

New Jerseyan

JerseyMic said "Seriously, the tomatoes! One of the greatest things has got to be the farmland and the fields (at least in South Jersey)"

Living in Western Morris county I live within 10 minutes of 3 nice size farm stands and all seem to do a great business. I also live 10 minutes from Hackelbarny farm which makes it's own apple cider, donuts etc. On the way home from work I pass 4 farm stands, 2 of them being in Hunterdon county. So there is not only great farms in South Jersey but up North also. This north-south thing has to end, remember when jokes are made about N.J. they are not made about North, Central, or South but about the entire state! We all must relize we are ALL New Jerseyians and stick together! The state as a WHOLE IS GREAT NOT JUST PART OF IT!
    NEW JERSEY HISTORY SECOND TO NONE !

NJPride!

I didn't mean it as an anti-north thing, I just only know about the South part. It's probably nice up there!

(Probably )
    JerseyMic.com is FREE, and actually goes to open mics in NJ to take pictures and write reviews. An NJ open mic website that was started by a New Jerseyian for New Jerseyians and isn't annoying.

JerseyMic.com