Thread: Is the economy increasing this need?

Default Is the economy increasing this need?

What do you guys think:

Is the economy making open mics BIGGER in NJ? I know we have a huge musical background as a state, but do you think that the economy is the reason for a boost in open mic attendance? Or do you think it's independent?

To share my two cents, I've started my own little NJ open mic website, and I've definitely seen an increase over the past few months. I think it's part the economy, but I was looking for more input.

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

It could partially be the economy. People are looking for inexpensive entertainment. Even with the economy bad, the Lakewood BlueClaws sales are up and part of that is attributed to the fact that people still want to see a baseball game, they just don't want to pay the outrageous prices at the major ball parks.

Have you seen an increase in the number of people visiting your website or is it that you have seen more people going to open mic nights and listening to the music?
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!

Default Definitely increase in open mic

The increase is definitely in open mic attendance. I've been going to open mics for a while and it seems like they're altogether growing in the past 6 months. People are going out to listen AND perform, it's an increase for both parties. I think the growth is good, because it's making open mic hosts re-evaluate their night so that everyone has a good time.

Meanwhile, JerseyMic is only 2 months old. People are excited about it, but it's still in its infancy too. I think the need for it has come up specifically because of the growth. I figure as long as people are going out there, they should be able to know what to expect!

As a side note: If any of you knows about open mics in your area, TELL ME!

(I'd love to see more people visiting my website of course too , but I think one thing depends on the other.)

Quote Originally Posted by
    As a side note: [B
    If any of you knows about open mics in your area, TELL ME[/B]!
    Heres one I have some others will dig them out from my clutter later
    The Taproom & Grill located @ 427 W Crystal Lake Ave, Haddon Township, NJ 08033 (856) 854-4255

As far as why my opinion is a little different
    Everyone wants to be the next American Idol

BUT good or bad its always a pretty good time