Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Off Shore Wind Power at the Jersey Shore

View Poll Results: Do you support have a windfarm off the the Jersey Shore?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 50.00%
  • No

1 50.00%
  • Not sure

0 0%

Thread: Off Shore Wind Power at the Jersey Shore

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

Default Off Shore Wind Power at the Jersey Shore

So this is something that I am on the fence about right now. It is being proposed to put wind farm off the coast of New Jersey. Some people argue that it will affect tourism - since it will "ruin" the great uninterrupted views of the ocean. I'm not sure if it will affect tourism and may actually increase tourism - since so many people are into the "green" movement and may give good press to New Jersey and counteract that negative erroneous stereotype that New Jersey is polluted. As for the affect on the view - it will destroy that. Will people just get used to it though? (just ti be clear - the turbines will be several miles off the coast and will look tiny from the beach)

One problem I do have - how much does it actually save in energy and how clean is it really? Yeah the end result is clean - but does it cause more pollution with the manufacturing and installation of the wind turbines. They have to go out with ships and install the turbines. How long does it take for the turbines to combat that and does it outweigh the amount of pollution caused by gas, oil or coal plants. Don't forget too - in order to service the turbines - they need to take ships out there.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!

New Jerseyan

I think its not that cleaner and that the wind turbines are very hard and expensive to maintain. The people pushing it are people who have already invested a lot in the production of these turbines and stand to make a lot of money if they are mandated. I think we need to give nuclear a better look - there are European countries that use it very efficiently and safely - the one thing they do right is the one thing we don't want to copy from them.
    Okay maybe they do a few other things right.....

Default land for solar or wind development

My wife and I have some ground where we would love to see solar or wind developed.

http://newjerseylandexchange.info/Listings.php

More details at:
    http://www.loopnet.com/lid/16289629

http://hosted.verticalresponse.com/5...943/TEST/TEST/

] Jokesters, advertisers and political bloggers check out
    Penn Jersey Forums login as guest, password 2011