View Poll Results: Will Corzine be elected to a Second Term? (NOT whether you want him or not)

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 66.67%
  • No

1 33.33%
  • Not sure

0 0%

Thread: Will Corzine be reelected to a second term?

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

Default Will Corzine be reelected to a second term?

Okay, this is a question that I would like people to seriously ask themselves. Although I want a SERIOUS change in Trenton, from the democratically controlled legislature and the governor, to even a new state Constitution, I just don't think it's going to happen. I have a bet with my cousin who claims there is no way that Corzine will be reelected. I have said that the democrats have entrenched themselves into the state government and the voters seem to have basically turned into lemmings.

So what is our bet? Well if Corzine gets reelected he has to get us 2 $200 seats to the NJ Devils game which includes the buffet at the Fire and Ice Lounges. If I "lose", or as I like to put it - if the New Jersey tax payer and resident wins, then I have to buy the tickets. I told him - I hope for New Jersey's sake, that I "lose". I will look at buying the tickets and going to the game as a celebration.

Now it isn't just about Corzine not being elected though, it's about getting someone in office that actually takes on the problems that really need fixing. Getting someone who actually puts New JERSEY first. I like some things that Lonegan has said and I really like some of the things that Christie said. But which one of them will actually be able to get things done? I know Christie was able to actually take on the corruption of New Jersey, which is a key problem in New Jersey. So much money is wasted with all the corruption. Anymore I see little difference between the mafia, unions and NJ politicians. I hope someone can come along who will restore my faith in the NJ government.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!

New Jerseyan

Default This November, I will do my best to make sure you

(and Corzine) lose. Of course the $200 you'll have to shell out will be a lot less than the money we'll have to pay if Corzine gets reelected. Plus you'll have a lot more fun. I voted for Corzine the first time because I, along with many others, thought he WAS this big financial guru who would run government like a business. I also thought because of his wealth, he would be free of special interests and political bosses. MAN, WAS I WRONG! I like Christie because as attorney general, he was the only one prosecuting NJ's corrupt politicians. I also like Lonegan because of his views on taxes, and he was the only pne who spoke out against the tunnel fiasco. I just hope these two don't beat each other up during the campaign, because that would only benefit Corzine. Can you imagine Corzine's legacy after 4 years?
    "SEE? I BUILT A TUNNEL TO NEW YORK!"

New Jerseyan

Default Also, the only way the NJ political landscape changes

is if more of us VOTE for change. I know it sounds corny, but those who don't vote are telling the politicians "Keep it up! You guys are doing great!" I will be G.R.I.P.ing this November!

New Jerseyan

Yesterday the candidates had to turn in the petitions. Corzine had 2800 signatures. Christie had 7500. Lonegan had over 11,000.