Thread: Social Networking Sites & Twitter

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

Default Social Networking Sites & Twitter

Okay - I've been experimenting with some Social Networking sites - mostly MySpace and I just set up a facebook page for AboutNewJersey.com - which hasn't been promoted yet. I am now looking at Twitter as a way of promoting New Jersey by letting people know what I am doing in terms of tourist activities around the state or meetings I am attending.

I'm really not sure how well twitter will work. For one thing, I think it takes you out of the element of the actual activity you are doing. For instance - when I went to the devils game, I was texting my cousin - and I had a hard time following the game. Of course we weren't really texting about the game. I'm going to see how it works out. I guess as the say - you can follow me on Twitter.

Here are our social networking pages and twitter profile....

MySpace - http://www.myspace.com/aboutnewjersey
    Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/pages/AboutN...om/43704062005
    Twitter - https://twitter.com/AboutNewJersey
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!

I've been trying out the Social Networking scene as well, and it seems like it's helping out. I don't know about Twitter either...I try to use it when I'm at an open mic, but it takes away from the experience. I don't know how well it's helping promoting JerseyMic either.

Anyway, I've got a Myspace, Facebook, and Twitter page too:

JerseyMic.com is FREE, and actually goes to open mics in NJ to take pictures and write reviews. An NJ open mic website that was started by a New Jerseyian for New Jerseyians and isn't annoying.

JerseyMic.com

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyMic View Post
    I've been trying out the Social Networking scene as well, and it seems like it's helping out. I don't know about Twitter either...I try to use it when I'm at an open mic, but it takes away from the experience. I don't know how well it's helping promoting JerseyMic either.
    I agree with twitter taking away from the experience. I've gone to do something to enjoy the experience or if it's to listen to a person give a lecture - if I;'m twittering, then I'm too busy typing to pay attention. I will give a quick thing about " hey, check this out" type of thing and I may send a couple of photos, but I'm not going to sacrifice my enjoyment of the event to get it on twitter.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!