Thread: schindlers list

Default schindlers list

i recently bought this movie on dvd(not the box set which i wanted) and i really enjoyed how it showed that out of all that evil good can be there. your thoughts

Lady ***** of the Forest

I remember seeing it. Awesome movie. I strongly recommend it.

I thought that the ending showing the people who were still alive and or their decendants was pretty touching.

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

I would like to get it on DVD and add it to my collection. I actually haven't seen it yet. I do like "Uprising" which is about the Warsaw Ghettos.

Recent Resident

Schindler's List is a great movie. We watched it in class when studying the Holocaust, which really helped put what we had learnt into perspective.

I also really like the style of the film; a Film Noir, with those splashes of colour. Clever.

Lady ***** of the Forest

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyDevil
    I would like to get it on DVD and add it to my collection. I actually haven't seen it yet. I do like "Uprising" which is about the Warsaw Ghettos.
    I've seen that also. It was very good.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Lin
    Schindler's List is a great movie. We watched it in class when studying the Holocaust, which really helped put what we had learnt into perspective.

I also really like the style of the film; a Film Noir, with those splashes of colour. Clever.
    If you enjoy film Noir there are plenty of films from the 1940's-1950's that are excellent to watch.

Some films of note:
    Citizen Kane (1941)
    The Maltese Falcon (1941)
    Double Indemnity (1944)
    The Big Sleep (1946)
    The Blue Dahlia (1946)
    Key Largo (1948)
    White Heat (1949)
    Kiss Me Deadly (1955)
    Touch of Evil (1958)

Overall, I liked Schindler's List even though I found it to be depressing at times. (I guess one would have a hard time of watching a light hearted film about the holocaust.)

Life is Beautiful is an excellent comedy that does a great job of balancing the grim reality of the holocaust with comedic touches. I reccommend seein the film in the original Italian.
    Sincerely,
    Anthony

NJ & You, Perfect Together

It's one of my favorite.
    Ralph Fiennes was really super, as well as Liam Neeson and Ben Kingsley (now Sir Ben).
    Embeth Davidtz was really good too.

Is there any good excuse to buy that jumbo set of Schindler's List on dvd? I've been thinking about it...
    "What! Me, vain? How can you say that about such an awesome person?"

Schindler's List was one of my favorite movies of all time. It depicts the Holocaust with dep sorrow and it shows Schindler's, a Nazi, conflicting emotions and his sorrow. It shows what things can really go wrong in a world when a lot of people are persuaded to think the same idea about society as them.

It was a very moving film, and Spielberg is my favorite director and he did a great job on it.

Recent Resident

Have seen it and I remember I was too touched I cried. And it was on a big screen. Wanna see it again this time on my own home. I wonder if it will still have that same effect on me.

Recent Resident

Such a great film, don't know if I could watch the whole thing again!

Tourist

It is a great movie from Steven Spielberg.Oskar Schindler, a glorious business man is the central character of this film.This film wons 7 Oscar awards.It is certainly one of the greatest historical films ever made.