Thread: Paterson

Tourist

Default Paterson

Hello, everyone. I've been lurking on this board for a few weeks, and I love it! Great to see other people who are interested in the Garden State!

I bring you greetings from Paterson - the Silk City, home of the Great Falls, my hometown since I was 3 (I'm 29 now). I like my neighborhood (near Eastside Park) and I like my city. We still have a lot of work to do... IMO, we need a better selection of stores downtown, a new main library, a movie theater (Paterson is one of the most populous cities in America without a movie theater!), more housing choices for the middle and upper middle class, better schools, etc.

Any other thoughts on our city?

New Jerseyan

Default Paterson

Like all of N.J.s citys alot of improvment is going on , and things are getting better in all of them . Havent been to Paterson ,so I cant give an opinion on what needs to be done but I know of its great history . I plan on coming there in the near future to see the falls and visit the museums . And I also feel the same way about this board , it is great to see the interest in our state !
    NEW JERSEY HISTORY SECOND TO NONE !

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

First I want to say welcome 33rd & 11th and thank you for the complements from both you and NJPride. I hope you will continue to share many oif the things you enjoy doing in the garden state, along with of course educating people about Paterson.

I have to sadly say I haven't made it to Paterson yet, although I have been meaning to every winter so I could take pictures of the beautiful Paterson Falls. As NJPride says, so many of NJ's cities are coming back, but one of the main problems I saee is that they are almost coming back in a vacuum. Very few New Jerseyans have any idea what their own cities have to offer. Without outsiders coming in, cities can't fully recover. We need to change New Jerseyans perceptions and attitudes toward our own cities. Sadly - very few New Jerseyans know about the Paterson Falls, and how it was America's first planned "industrial" town developed by Alexander Hamilton. It's time for New Jerseyans to be proud of their state, their heritage and their history. I'll get off my soapbox now.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!

New Jerseyan

Hearing about the Paterson Falls brings back memories. When I was little, my grandparents lived in Paterson, not too far from the falls...you just had to walk up the street a little ways to see it. My grandfather was a Paterson cop, and he had the distinction of having a couple of kids he had arrested get back at him by pushing his Cadillac over the falls. The things we remember : )

Debbie
    If you're a Jersey musician, please check out my Yahoo! Group, NJ Musician's Network...where you can meet and network with other NJ musicians. Sign up is easy (and free) http://groups.yahoo.com/group/njmusiciansnet/