Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Hello From Columbus Georgia

Thread: Hello From Columbus Georgia

Tourist

Default Hello From Columbus Georgia

Hi fellow owner of a lifeless phpBB board. Mine is at http://citytown.info/Forum/ I like your smilies :? . Say your avatar size is even smaller than the guy at aardvark See "Avatar Size >Larger Please" discussion on aardvark http://www.aardvarktravel.net/chat/viewtopic.php?t=4771

I worked so hard to make a nice 100 by 100 avatar.

Anyway just testing out these phpBB boards. Need experience since I am new.

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

Default Re: Hello From Columbus Georgia

Hello from New Jersey
    Quote Originally Posted by CityTownInfo
    Hi fellow owner of a lifeless phpBB board. Mine is at http://citytown.info/Forum/ I like your smilies :? .
    I'm glad you like them. I figured for a travel site - especially one dealing with New Jersey - it would eb good to have ones that represent the weather such as the etc
    Say your avatar size is even smaller than the guy at aardvark See "Avatar Size >Larger Please" discussion on aardvark http://www.aardvarktravel.net/chat/viewtopic.php?t=4771

I worked so hard to make a nice 100 by 100 avatar.

Well I agree with Aardvark on the avatar size. I went with the size that Entmoot uses - which is 60x60. You know - you can easily reduce down that avatar without losing anything. With the number of users here I really don't see the need of increasing the size anyway.
    Anyway just testing out these phpBB boards. Need experience since I am new.
    Well I hope you might stick around or come back and post sometimes. The board has only been up for a month and a half. Right now I'm working on a postcard application. I want that done by the end of the month. After that I need to work on an event guide, hopefully bring people to the site.

BTW - I went to your board, you only just started it up. It does take a while - saddly.

I wouldn't worry too much about members. You have 52 members JD, that's nothing to sneeze at. And CTI, don't worry about your board either. If you build it, they will come.

The most important thing about a message board is a core of regular posters. Potential newbies will then see this activity, and be insipred to post themselves. That's my theory anyway.

I just started a new board too - back in October. We now have 15 members. Check it out! My Board
    [/shameless plugging]

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nurvingiel
    I wouldn't worry too much about members. You have 52 members JD, that's nothing to sneeze at. And CTI, don't worry about your board either. If you build it, they will come.

The most important thing about a message board is a core of regular posters. Potential newbies will then see this activity, and be insipred to post themselves. That's my theory anyway.
    Well that's my theory too - it's a matter of getting enough regular posters though. Can you believe I made Jonathan an admin and he has nevere even posted here? I did it out of friendship and he can't even take the time to post.

As for the 52 members - that's mostly people who signed up but didn't post or signed up and did one post. It's frustrating because New Jersey has so much to offer and I thought this would be a good way for people to talk about tourism in NJ.
    I just started a new board too - back in October. We now have 15 members. Check it out! My Board
    [/shameless plugging]
    I'll have to check it out.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyDevil
    Well that's my theory too - it's a matter of getting enough regular posters though. Can you believe I made Jonathan an admin and he has nevere even posted here? I did it out of friendship and he can't even take the time to post.
    Well it looks like Stephanie Plum is all the admin you need. She's actually active. With yourself as well, I'm sure you can handle 52 folks.

As for the 52 members - that's mostly people who signed up but didn't post or signed up and did one post. It's frustrating because New Jersey has so much to offer and I thought this would be a good way for people to talk about tourism in NJ.
    Don't worry JD, I'm operating on my Field of Dreams analogy here. Even if 40 people don't post at all, 7 people post occasionally, and 5 people form your regular poster core, that's still a solid basis. The 40 0-posters will make your stats look good and serve to encourage people to join.

Maybe it's like in karate - if 100 people join, probably 20 might advance up to green belt, and one will make it to black belt. Of the original 100, it's hard to tell who the (statistically anyway) future black belt is.

I'll have to check it out.
    w00t! Cheers. Specific-topic message boards, unite! (Mine is slightly more obscure than an entire state, but I think it's quite entertaining.) Feel free to ask us any questions there, none are too small.
    Last edited by Nurvingiel; 02-05-2005 at 09:36 AM. Reason: spelling