Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NEW JERSEY IS CLOSED

New Jerseyan

Cozine and his boys and girls MUST go ! Come Nov. I will remember this day when the democrats and corzine celebrated reaching a budget deal after screwing N.J. once again by raising our sales tax . I wil not vote for any democrate in Nov ! They had the balls to stand at the podium and celebrate and congratulate each other after thousands of New Jerseyians could not go to work for a week . I say we celebrate in Nov. when we vote these S.O.Bs OUT of office ,then we can ask them how it feels to be without work . P.S. I am very happy I did not vote for corzine! Think my man Forrester is getting a good laugh now?
    Last edited by NJPRIDE; 07-06-2006 at 09:11 PM.
    NEW JERSEY HISTORY SECOND TO NONE !

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

I'm with you NJPride. I made no secret who I thought would be better for NJ. What I find really ironic is that they were going on about how the budget mess is because of out of control spending - I believe it was the Star Ledger or Trenton Times which laid it at McGreevey's feet - but yet they didn't consider cutting this spending. They obviously support the spending - well of course they do - since they were the ones that apporved the past budgets - they are the ones that got NJ into this mess and then they merely tax the citizens of this state more.

I also lay much of the blame with NJ voters - as I have made no secret here. I was at a toastmasters meeting and someone had said about being happy the agreement when through and it was good for the governor and that the beaches could now reopen. Beaches reopen? The beaches were the least of the problems - it affected all of two beaches - NOT ALL the beaches. I really question whether New Jerseyans really have any idea of what goes on in this state. I swear - the citizens of New Jersey go around with blinders on when it comes to Trenton.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!

New Jersey Tour Guide

Hi NJPride, So the sales tax went through. I was afraid of that. Ofcourse we already knew the stuff Corzine is made of. He only knows tax this and tax that. Well, I am sure not voting for him (or I wouldn't) and I have already talked to ''Jersey Rich'' and he sure isn't voting democrat either. talk about getting screwed. a 7% sales tax. Like that is going to fix the budget when spending is the problem. Thousands were without income all week but you can bet that Corzine was getting paid and he pretends his heart is aching for the citizens of New Jersey. And you know what? The reason Corzine pushed for the sales tax is because he did not know what else to do. There are always options if one will only think. like quit spending. I am willing to bet that the stadium deal goes through because Corzine seems to want it. As for McGreevey, he should have tried to work on the budget deficit also. There will always be a deficit as long as there is someone like Corzine in office to spend money. the tax payers money. Marianita

Recent Resident

Corzine wanted to raise spending by$1.7 billion. The Republicans had a plan to cut spending by $2.2 billion that he ignored.

http://njassemblyrepublicans.com/pdf...ative_fy07.pdf

He wanted his tax increase and he was going to stomp on every one of us to get it.

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by keymanjim
    Corzine wanted to raise spending by$1.7 billion. The Republicans had a plan to cut spending by $2.2 billion that he ignored.

http://njassemblyrepublicans.com/pdf...ative_fy07.pdf

He wanted his tax increase and he was going to stomp on every one of us to get it.
    Welcome Keymanjim. Not only did the republicans plan get the cold shoulder, Corzine and his cronies in the assembly acted like NJ was a one party system The republicans weren' talked to at all. nothing was discussed other than the Corzine plan or the Codey plan. Codey's plan basically won and they just made NJ MORE expensive to live in. So much for listening to the people of this state. Come November - I hope the tax increasing democrats are out of a job and I hope Corzine soon follows.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!

New Jersey Tour Guide

Hi keymanjim, I say, it sure will be expensive living in New Jersey now. I am glad that people can return to their jobs but this should have never happened anyway. For heavens sake, July 1st was the deadline and Corzine could see it coming. A lot of damage has been done. The only way to take care of the deficit is plain and simple. Quit spending. By the way I saw Corzine on our local news tonight and the city of Trenton. I wish I were in Trenton now. Corzine acts as if he has scored a huge victory for the people of New Jersey. I do not think he will last another 4 years. Lord I hope not. Marianita

New Jerseyan

New Jersey has its own Axis of Evil now Corzine , Codey and Roberts . They are the Evil Empire . Maybe I should call my friend Pres. Bush and ask him to liberate New Jersey . This would be easy and ALOT less expensive then invading Iraq or Afganistan . He could start with shock and awe on Trenton using planes from Maguire Airforce base , then follow it up with missiles from the most decorated battleship in U.S. naval history BB62 The USS NEW JERSEY along with the submarine the USS Ling . Then when N.J. needs to be occupied the soldiers can come from Fort Dix and Fort Monmouth . I would be there to greet them as liberators with cold beer and pizza .
    NEW JERSEY HISTORY SECOND TO NONE !

New Jersey Tour Guide

Hi Jersey Pride, It would not do much good to for President Bush to go in and liberate New Jersey. New Jersey can only be liberated when some decent politicians come in who really care about what is going on. There have been a series of politicians who have been much like Corzine. In the meantime the situation worsens because these politicains do not know how to run things or they are dishonest. For one thing the state deficit is huge. Anyone knows that spending is not the answer. The main objective should be to spend only what is needed and concentrate on eliminating the deficit. It is all well and good to spend money to enhance the state but not now. Moving money from one place to another won't solve the problem. The increase in the tax will only cost the tax payers more and could hurt the economy. Think of the money that has been lost this past week while Corzine sat there with his buddies unable to come up with something better then increasing the tax. And don't think Corzine cannot be impeached because I know he can. And I believe he cannot last 4 years.Anyone knows that spending must be decreased for now to handle the deficit. It seems to me that Corzine could come up with nothing better. Well, we will see what happens. Marianita

New Jersey Tour Guide Jersey Warren's Avatar

Default My opinion

I think New Jerseyans blew their chance by rejecting Brett Schundler at the polls a couple of years back. His record as mayor of Jersey City was excellent and I think he could have turned New Jersey around.

They say that people get the politicians they deserve, but it would help if more New Jerseyans got their news from a press that cared about the state, not the New York or Philadelphia media.

New Jersey Tour Guide

Thumbs down New Jersey is closed

Hi Jersey Warren, I do not think New Jersey deserves the politicians it has had over the years. But other places get them too. One of our govenors went bye bye a few years back because he was recalled.I have often heard it said that politicians are a crooked bunch but I am sure there are some some ones too. Now that man Brett Schundler would have been good and I wonder why he was not elected. It rather surprised me that he wasn't what with his good record and all. When Corzine was elected I was hoping he would work on the property taxes and the deficit. I am sure the sales tax increase will not make too much difference in the property taxes. With only half of it being used for that, it just isn't enough. New Jersey is the most densely populated state. It was a bad decidion to make and I wonder if Corzine could'nt have come up with something else. Marianita

New Jersey Tour Guide Jersey Warren's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marianita
    Hi Jersey Warren, I do not think New Jersey deserves the politicians it has had over the years.
    Hi Marianita!

You are right, of course. Maybe if New Jersey had a stronger local press that covered New Jersey better, the people would have the information they need to choose better governors and legislators.

Warren

P.S. I hope you REALLY enjoyed your trip!

New Jersey Tour Guide

Default New Jersey is closed

Hi Jersey Warren, I think the people of New Jersey need to really read up on people who are up for election and find out what they have done in the past. I myself did when the terminator was up for election here. lol. Anyway Corzine will be a goner come Nov. lol. My trip to New Jersey was quite magnifcient. I was completely at home again. Each and every day was great. My day in beautiful Medford was unforgettable,. they had a festival and I had the time of my life. There were gatherings with friends around the pool , carefree relaxed conversations, much laughter and fun. My little granddaughter would get off her school bus to run and meet me. She says I am the best grandma in the world. And there's the excirement of the ''New Jersey baby'' due in Sept. The baby boy will be born in Mt Holly. Cape May was awesome. It was all I could have wished for. Take care. Marianita