Thread: Hockey

Default Hockey

What can I say, its one of the greatest sports on earth, but now that the Devils are out who are you all gonna chear for. I mean, you should really chear for Vancouver as they take on the Flames tomorrow night, but as long as you don't cheat for Calgary or Toronto i don't really care who you chear for

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

Default Re: Hockey

Quote Originally Posted by alphlex
    What can I say, its one of the greatest sports on earth, but now that the Devils are out who are you all gonna chear for. I mean, you should really chear for Vancouver as they take on the Flames tomorrow night, but as long as you don't cheat for Calgary or Toronto i don't really care who you chear for
    Well you know - if the Devils were still in it - I would be rooting for them. Since they aren't - I'll root for the Canucks.

Recent Resident

Hockey isn't really that popular a sport here, though our women's team are amongst the very best. I think they won the last Olympics. I don't play much hockey (You have to travel far to play other teams, since there aren't many), but I would like to. Do you guys also play it?

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lin
    Hockey isn't really that popular a sport here, though our women's team are amongst the very best. I think they won the last Olympics. I don't play much hockey (You have to travel far to play other teams, since there aren't many), but I would like to. Do you guys also play it?
    I used to play street hockey with friends. We lived in a court - so it was perfect. Deadend street and a lot of room to play.

Hockey is big here. Most high schools have hockey teams and many junior highs do too. New Jersey even has 3 hockey teams (including the Devils).