Thread: Giants Jets and Springsteen

Default Giants Jets and Springsteen

Wouldnt that make for a great Super Bowl. Jets Vs Giants with Springsteen playing at Halftime.
    DAVE GERING
    MANAGER JERSEY STORE EWR

New Jerseyan

As long as the Giants win!
    NEW JERSEY HISTORY SECOND TO NONE !

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

I don't want the Giants or Jets to win as long as they claim to be a New York team. If they are too ashamed to admit they are a New JERSEY team then they should go back across the river. Remember - they told the world last year that their Super Bowl win was for New York and they were a New YORK team. Well I have no need for a team who claims to be proud to play in New Jersey when they were negotiating their stadium deal - and then turns there back on us when they win the Super Bowl. I'll cheer on New Jersey's team - the proud to be New JERSEY Devils!
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!

Bruce Springsteen is pretty cool though.

Tourist

The Giants Stadium seating chart is designed to fit more than 80,000 fans into the stands, making it one of the larger stadiums in the NFL. It is primarily a football stadium acting as the home field for both the New York Giants and the New York Jets. As a matter of course the Jets refer to their stadium as “The Meadowlands” to keep the confusion to a minimum.

Over the years there have been any number of teams to call Giants Stadium home, including the New Jersey Generals (USFL), the Knights of the World League, and an XFL team called the Hitmen. In addition the seats of Giants Stadium have seen college football, World Cup Soccer and a variety of other soccer matches. If there’s a sport out there it’s probably been seen at Giants Stadium.

But Giants Stadium also attracts huge crowds when a concert comes to town. Among the artists to fill the Giants Stadium seating chart have been Bruce Springsteen, the Rolling Stones, Green Day, and even Guns N’ Roses. In September of 2009, one of the biggest names in music, U2, will be playing at Giants Stadium. The U2 New York City concert will be a tough ticket, make sure you get yours early!

Tourist

Default Wow, Packed Full of Info.

Uh, thanks Azar. I think that the U2 gig was in September... 3 months ago.

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dinkum View Post
    Uh, thanks Azar. I think that the U2 gig was in September... 3 months ago.
    Welcome to the forum Dinkum. That was one of the new types of spammers. They basically copy posts from other messageboards or sites on the web and then find a place that seems similar to stick them on another site. In the process they stick their stupid spam links at the bottom hoping no one catches on that they are just a spammer. Believe me - sometimes it makes it difficult to figure out if it's a legitimate poster or not. Needless to say - I did remove their links. I kept the post though since you responded and I have something to say about it.

I would like to point out how the U2 concert is being referred to as the New York City concert. Last time I checked - Giants Stadium was NOT in New York. If they want to call it a New York City concert - then have it at Yankees Stadium or MSG or someplace actually IN New York. This is one of the reason why no one thinks anything happens in New Jersey - because it's all promoted as New York. The major Earth Day concert was promoted as taking place in Meadowlands NY, The "NY" American Idol Auditions were marketed as being New York - but they were at the Izod Center in New Jersey. I'm really tired of things that happen in New Jersey being marketed as New York events! It was one of the reasons that New Jersey pulled out of the Olympics, other than New York tried to railroad us and were setting up tours to NJ locations with the Olympic Committee without telling OUR government - they were was going to be called the New York Olympics - but more than half of the summer games were going to be held in New Jersey. So you know who was going to be footing most of the bill, while New York was going to get all the promotion.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!

Tourist

Default Thanks Jersey Devil

Thanks for the follow up on the earlier spamfest. Being a newbie I was just poking around and I couldn't let it slide...