Thread: AboutNewJersey.com gathering

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

Default AboutNewJersey.com gathering

I was thinking about having an AboutNewJersey.com gathering and I was wondering who might be interested. I know many on the messageboard are from out of state, many of you from WAY out of state. I just wanted to get an idea of who would be interested and who could make it. I was thinking aroun the edn of August or in September, most likely at Great Adventure. Just let me know what people think.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!

I would be interested
    DAVE GERING
    MANAGER JERSEY STORE EWR

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyDevil
    I was thinking about having an AboutNewJersey.com gathering and I was wondering who might be interested. I know many on the messageboard are from out of state, many of you from WAY out of state. I just wanted to get an idea of who would be interested and who could make it. I was thinking aroun the edn of August or in September, most likely at Great Adventure. Just let me know what people think.
    I have some interest, but I do not think I would be able attend since I am very busy between work and school during the summer.
    Sincerely,
    Anthony

NJ & You, Perfect Together

Default Great Adventure

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyDevil
    G.A. is a waste of money for people afraid of heights...There's barely anything for me to do there.
    I went there once and just fried on the concrete in the heat. No fun.

Wendy
    Wendy
    Back home in New Jersey after some years across the river in Pennsy

Quote Originally Posted by usv8lover
    G.A. is a waste of money for people afraid of heights...There's barely anything for me to do there.
    I went there once and just fried on the concrete in the heat. No fun.
    I knwo that GA won't work for everyone, if people have suggestions. I want somethign so people with families can have fun too. I would like to have it so AboutNewJersey.com's interns can be a part of it, but I know Stacey will be heading back to WVU in the middle of August.

GA has a lot of shows now that they didn't have before, but still they specialize in coasters and they have removed a lot of their flat rides (many which I loved, like the pendulum).
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

New Jersey Proud!

New Jerseyan

I'd be interested in going, depending on the date.
    If you're a Jersey musician, please check out my Yahoo! Group, NJ Musician's Network...where you can meet and network with other NJ musicians. Sign up is easy (and free) http://groups.yahoo.com/group/njmusiciansnet/

Well - I'm still leaning toward GA. I plan on having shirts for members who attend, plus I would like to try to get the picnic pavilion so we can all have a "private" lunch together. I really would like to do this before Brian and Stacey go back to school - so that will mean sometime before August 15th. I know that's not really the end of summer, but Stacey goes back to WVU on Aug 15th or 20th. I'll be having more on this and I hope everyone will have some suggestions. I would really like to have it where everyone who wants to go is able to.

New Jersey Proud!

I had the idea recently of maybe having a picnic at Allaire State Park, or maybe the Lakewood BlueClaws game.

So those are the three choices right now.

1) Great Adventure
    2) Lakewood BlueClaws Game
    3) Allaire State Park

New Jersey Proud!

Allire state park sounds great to me.