Thread: beach fire permit

Tourist

Default beach fire permit

Looking where I could obtain a permit for a beach fire. I have a covered steel fire bowl and will be staying on LBI for the week of Chowderfest with my family. We are burning "safe" logs only.

DAVE GERING
    MANAGER JERSEY STORE EWR

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sjbhore View Post
    Looking where I could obtain a permit for a beach fire. I have a covered steel fire bowl and will be staying on LBI for the week of Chowderfest with my family. We are burning "safe" logs only.
    Not all beaches give out fire permits. Here is a list of Jersey Shore beaches which have fire permits None of them are on LBI however.

Here is a listing of Long Beach Island beaches - you can call them and see if they do allow fire permits. To our knowledge however they do not.

If you do find any that do allow fires, please post it here.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!

New Jerseyan

Smile Thanks for the info!

I have to say that all my log burning was done either in the fireplace or in my front yard. I had never seen the point in lugging all that wood to the sea shore only to burn it all up.
    But I have been to some of those chowder fest sessions, and yeah, they are really great. But personally lugging all that wood out there, now that's a chore I can happily do without. But hey thanks for the information anyhow. Well, in case I do want to start a fire on the beach [for legal reasons only] at least I will know where to go to for a permit. I have to say that I had always thought that it was enough to just inform the lifeguard if you wanted to start a fire on the beach.