Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Meadowlands Xanadu Monstrocity

Thread: Meadowlands Xanadu Monstrocity

Default Meadowlands Xanadu Monstrocity

That thing is so ugly I would honestly rather they replace it with a new cogeneration plant. At least that way the ugliness would be useful. To me it is a shame that our state felt that this highly visible location should be used this way. To put the New Jersey Hall of Fame on the same site as this garbage heap is an insult to the great men and women that edifice is being built to honor.

Just my $0.02

New Jerseyan

Default I will never attend another Meadowlands event or

Any other concert, show,etc. promoted by the NJSEA. Remember, the officials
    who approved Xanadu are the same ones who railed against Newark. They even sent Candice Straight to run for Essex County Executive, to act as a "hitman" and kill the Newark Arena project. In the meantime, they are sucking up to Nets owner Bruce Ratner, making sure the Nets move to Brooklyn goes smoothly. I guess Ratner promised the NJSEA members all luxury suites at his new Barklay Center. Why else would they sign a lease with the Nets that penalizes the team if they move to Newark? The NJSEA have acted as traitors to NJ, while helping to promote NY's interests!!

New Jerseyan

I have said it before and I will say it again, I will not go to the meadowlands for anything! The place does not do anything for N.J.! I was happy as a pig in Sh-t the other day when I saw a news report saying that Ring. Bros. and Barn. and Bail Circus signed a contract with Newark to do 4 shows a year at "THE ROCK" . The ROCK will continue to help Newark while the jerks that opposed it will look like fools! I will be spending my money in Newark NOT at the meadowlands!
    Last edited by NJPRIDE; 09-08-2008 at 05:58 PM.
    NEW JERSEY HISTORY SECOND TO NONE !

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

There of course was the usual negative article (which is mostly contained in the video) once again on the Star Ledger website about Xanadu. Actually to be honest - anymore the Star Ledger just seems to be very anti-New Jersey anything. I'm beginning to think they must be owned by New York. How else can they condemn Xanadu while supporting billions of New Jersey tax dollars going to pay for a second rail tunnel to promote jobs and businesses in New York.
    Chris Christie gives passing grade to Xanadu interior, but still not thrilled
    By The Star-Ledger Continuous News Desk
    November 14, 2009, 8:23AM

EAST RUTHERFORD -- Governor-elect Chris Christie gave a passing grade to the interior of the Xanadu project while visiting the incomplete massive shopping complex today with Lt. Governor Kim Guadagno, according to a report by NorthJersey.com.

But Christie was reluctant to embrace the sprawling 2 million-square-foot retail and entertainment complex that has not been completed five years after construction began, according to the report. Christie was sharply critical of Xanadu's multicolored exterior while on the campaign trail, the report said.
    My response on their blog section - although I don't know if it will be approved or not. If it isn't approved, at least my statement and feelings are posted here.
    When Xanadu is done the complaining will stop - all except for possibly the color scheme - and people will be flocking to it from all over the country. I love how people are complaining about this, but have no problem with $400 million of OUR tax dollars going to build a stadium for two teams that don't even acknowledge they are from New Jersey but instead promote themselves as NY. Or what about the $160 million that we are paying for the MLS team Red Bull New York - that again promotes itself as a New York team. That is the real slap in the face to New Jerseyans and a disgrace that our politicians allow this.
    New JERSEY MetroStars renamed New YORK Red Bulls
    Giants New Stadium
    NJ team names

Xanadu will be a HUGE tourism attraction which will bring money into our state. For every dollar invested in tourism - the state gets back over $30. It will provide a huge economic engine for not only northern New Jersey and particularly the East Rutherford area- but all ALL of New Jersey.

For all you people complaining about the look of Xanadu and how it some how destroyed the beauty of the Meadowlands - which I don't get at all - how many of you have gone on the Meadowlands panton tours? Do you even know that just on the other side of Giants stadium there is wildflife tours available? See the New Jersey Meadowlands Commission - Meadowlands Tours

Xanadu was built in a frigging parking lot of Giants Stadium. The land was already destroyed by the thankless Giants when we built the Meadowlands Sports Complex which has been ugly for years and has looked like a pavement wasteland with all the road barriers and chain linked fences. Why wasn't anyone complaining about how ugly the Meadowlands Sports Complex has looked all these years??? I am actually hoping that with Xanadu coming in - that they will finally beautify the Meadowlands Sports Complex with trees and plantings, instead of concrete barriers and falling down chain linked fences.

I wasn't too happy with the mall aspect of Xanadu, I had wanted one of the more entertainment centric proposals, but Xanadu will be a big draw to New Jersey and with that will come tourist dollars. New Jersey will have the FIRST indoor ski slope in North America. As with others, I wish the exterior was more subdued and more like their original renderings. The color scheme looks like something out of the 70's - but then again - the interior looks amazing. AboutNewJersey.com - Xanadu

Indoor Ski Slopes
    Indoor Skiiing - Snow Domes
    A Map To The World's Indoor, Dry Ski Slopes
    New York Times - To Surf and Ski, the Japanese Are Heading Indoorsl

All I can say is that after Xanadu is FINALLY complete and open - it will bring in huge amounts of dollars into New Jersey's economy WITHOUT costing the New Jersey taxpayer a dime, unlike those three sports teams who insist on just taking our money while calling themselves New York. Just think, after $400 million dollars of OUR tax money, who got all the publicity and media attention for having the Super Bowl Champions? Talk about a bad investment.

Xanadu will bring in the tourist, bring the media spotlight on New Jersey and help to promote New Jersey- on the other hand, sports fans currently come into the Meadowlands for a game, bring their own food generally to tailgate and leaves- never going shopping, never going to a restaurant, not contributing to the New Jersey economy except with the purchase of their ticket and limited amount they buy at the stadium, all the while the team doesn't even promote New Jersey. BTW - this is in stark contrast to the Prudential Center in Newark with the Devils. Not only are the Devils a PROUD New Jersey team, but the fans also contribute to the Newark economy after or before a game. I have gone into Don Pepes numerous times after a game and seen many tables with people wearing NJ Devil Jerseys. Fans do things before or after a Devils game in Newark that further helps promote the local economy. Comparing the Devils with the one-sided arrangement we have with the Giants, Jets and Red Bulls is ridiculous.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

I wonder if I missed this thread last year - because I'm very surprised I never commented. As my above post states - I support Xanadu. The only thing i don't support with the complex is the exterior color scheme. I don't think it fits in with the area and I feel it should have been more futuristic - instead of looking like a homage to the gaudy 70's with orange formica counter tops.

visit Xanadu
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!

For me it is not an ugly place to see... I don't see anything wrong with place... To make more attractive and beautiful they should renovate it...