Thread: Constitution Party of NJ

Tourist

Default Constitution Party of NJ

My name is Jason and I am the communications director for the Constitution Party of New Jersey as well as the Somerset County coordinator for the party. In the simplest of terms, my job is to help promote the Constitution Party in New Jersey and to build membership in Somerset County.

We're a political party that believes in the absolute sanctity of life, from conception to natural death. We believe everyone should live their own lives free from government interference, that the family is the basic building block of society, and that everyone should have the right to own and steward personal property without government burden. Therefore, we call for the abolition of the federal income tax and demand the federal government follow the limits set forth by the US Constitution and Bill of Rights. Power should be given back to the States and local levels so that they may run their jurisdictions as they see fit. Above all, we demand an American government committed to the protection of the borders, trade, and common defense of Americans, and not entangled in foreign alliances or needless wars, thereby living the advice of Thomas Jefferson, "Peace, commerce, and honest friendship with all nations entangling alliances with none."

I hope I wasn't too long-winded. I just wanted to give a broad introduction to my Party. I will do my best to answer any honest questions you may have in order to explain our positions and I hope you can find the time to check out my blog: www.SomersetCP.com.

I look forward to discussing NJ and trying to figure out ways to lower taxes, end corruption, and return NJ to a state where freedom is strong!

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

Welcome Jason.

Sorry it's taken me a while to respond here. I for one do believe in the Constitution and in particular the most important amendment - which is amendment 10 -

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.
    Therefore - I believe that most laws that are currently decided by the federal government - such as drug laws and abortion - should be left up to the states to decide. No party who upholds the constitution I feel should be discussing this on a federal level.

I do not like to get into federal government discussions on this board personally, although members are free to. On this board I generally restrict my discussion to the politics of New Jersey. However - the encroachment of the federal government and the watering down of state rights does affect New Jersey.

I believe in small federal government, with the majority of power residing at the state level. We are 50 sovereign states, united under a FEDERAL government. The fact that so many people started suggesting that we throw out the electoral college - which of course would require a Constitutional change, and therefore has a high hurdle to overcome - greatly concerned me. It however did demonstrate how little so many people understand the US government and that we have a FEDERAL government, not a national government. We as a state vote for president, and the way we vote for president is even left to the states and is not federally mandated. The elimination of the electoral college would be the final nail in the coffin for state rights in my opinion.

I am not directing this toward you, I am merely explaining my feelings and beliefs.

BTW - if you think your post was long winded - you should see some of mine that I have posted
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!

Tourist

I agree with you.

After the election we'll be working hard on a state-level platform so that we can direct our energy towards fixing things in NJ. If you take the power back from the federal government, it is a crime to put it in the hands of a government even more corrupt and wasteful than the previous one.

Jason

New Jersey Tour Guide Jersey Warren's Avatar

My wife and I both voted for Constitution Party presidential candidate Chuck Baldwin here in Florida. Our next-door neighbor, a McCain supporter, said we were "wasting our vote." Maybe if the Constitution and Libertarian parties do well enough, the Republicans, as in 1964, will give us "a choice, not an echo."