As some of you know I am VP of the Princeton Battlefield Society - the official friends group of Princeton Battlefield State Park. We are having a three day event as part of 4th of July weekend and in celebration of the 225th anniversary of th Continental Congress meeting in Princeton. Yes - Princeton was the capital for several months and was the place where Washington wrote his farewell address to the troops (Rockingham) and where Congress received word that the Treaty of Paris was signed and thus the war for Independence was officially over and won.

July 4th Interpretative Educational Demonstrations
A series of Interpretative Educational Stations will provide a series of eight interpretative educational demonstrations around the Clarke House, where visitors will move around from station to station learning interactively about different aspects of military life before and after the battle.

Made possible in part by a grant from the NJ Historical Commission

July 5th Ghosts of the Battlefield
The play, Ghosts of the Battlefield authored by Laura Crockett, will be professionally presented in which various people who fought during the battle will come to life and describe their story.

July 5th and 6th Military Encampment
A series of interpretative activities within the environment of an actual military encampment typical of the American Revolution that allows visitors to be observers of the action.
For more information, check out the Princeton Battlefield Society website and for additional information on the many 1783 related events taking place throughout the year in Princeton check out the Princeton 1783 website.

I usually go up to Liberty State Park for their massive fireworks and to see Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty - but I suppose I should be at Princeton Battlefield this year. It seems actually that I have been switching every other year between the two now.