Thread: Appearing on Travel Channel's "Fact or Fiction"

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

Default Appearing on Travel Channel's "Travel Fact or Fiction"

Okay - I don't know if I should publicize this since I haven't seen the final product. I'm trusting that they did a good job, of course I don't know how well I did during the filming. Anyway - I just got an e-mail saying that the premiere episode of the Travel Channel's "Travel Fact or Fiction" well air on June 25th at 8:00pm.

The episode I did was concerning the Statue of Liberty being in New Jersey, not New York. I don't know if this is a teaser thing - or if this is the way they view it - but it sort of concerns me that under the photo of the Statue of Liberty, they say "Statue of Liberty, New York City".

I filmed this back in December at Liberty State Park and it was freezing cold. I hope I did okay. I had never been filmed before and I hate being filmed and I hate having my voice recorded. I have to watch it - but I am nervous as hell and I don't know what any of you will think if you watch it. I'm not even sure if they kept me in it. I do know they were also filming the mayor of Jersey City also.

About the Show
    "Travel Fact or Fiction" uses the travel experience as a mission for truth. We're on the road to find answers, and the viewer is right along with us. Together we wade through the stories we've heard about a place -- the half-truths we suppose, the clichés we expect and the stereotypes we believe. By the time the end credits roll, we've all got our facts straight.

Our guide, Jayms Ramirez, investigates the hearsay, reveals great facts and sets us straight on what we can and should believe in the guidebooks. Jayms is a real traveler, not a tourist. He engages easily with the people he encounters and immerses himself in the quest to get to the bottom of a story.

Statue of Liberty and Lombard Street: Premieres Wednesday, June 25, at 8 p.m. ET
    Think you know about travel? Jayms Ramirez is here to sort the Fact from the Fiction. He'll uncover a shocking secret behind the Statue of Liberty and an embarrassing twist in San Francisco's most crooked street.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

Well I just saw the commercial for the upcoming Travel Fact or Fiction and I know I am going to be on there now. In the commercial it shows me walking with the host along the Liberty State Park walkway behind the Statue of Liberty.

Damn - I just hope this came out good.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!

New Jerseyan

Smile hello!

What happened? Did you look good or not? I am sure that you did look good, but let us know what happened.
    thanks and am looking forward to tyour reply,