Thread: do's and don'ts on the beach...

Tourist

Default do's and don'ts on the beach...

tldr
    Last edited by cojafoji; 03-25-2010 at 02:55 PM.

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

I looked at the PDF file again- and it's Long Beach which allows 1 quart of alcohol. I suppose that is per person OVER 21 - although it is rather vague on the whole thing.

Some - such as Seaside Park are very vagues -

Food and beverages are permitted on the beach.
    Coolers will be checked.
    Last time i checked - alcohol was considered a beverage and it does not say that alcohol is prohibited. But I have no idea if THEY are considering it a beverage.

Many beaches are listed as "unknown" concerning the rules on food and beverages on the beach.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!

New Jerseyan

Default Drinking on the beach!

Well, for one thing, it is never a good idea to drink and go into the water. but other than that, it sure beats drinking in a shady bar with all that smoke swirling around. As regds your query on drinking on the beach, well you can but then again it depends on your age, the occasion and the beach itself. Also, I do not know why people keep littering the beach with all sorts of rubbish and guess what, beer cans and bottles form a large chunk of it. So i guess people drink a lot in the beaches.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyDevil View Post
    I looked at the PDF file again- and it's Long Beach which allows 1 quart of alcohol. I suppose that is per person OVER 21 - although it is rather vague on the whole thing.

Some - such as Seaside Park are very vagues -

Last time i checked - alcohol was considered a beverage and it does not say that alcohol is prohibited. But I have no idea if THEY are considering it a beverage.

Many beaches are listed as "unknown" concerning the rules on food and beverages on the beach.
    http://www.seasideparkonline.com/beach.html

Regarding Seaside Park Beach Rules:

Please keep off the dunes
    No Animals
    No Picnicking
    No Alcoholic Beverages
    No Disrobing
    No Climbing Fence

I could not find detailed information regarding Seaside Heights.
    http://www.seaside-heightsnj.org/beachinfo.html
    Although:
    Kites, Kayaks, Ball Playing Frisbee
    and other such things are recreational activities that could inconvenience fellow beach-goers, and are prohibited when the beaches are open. However, you are invited to make use of our beaches for these purposes before 9 a.m. or after 6 p.m.
    Sincerely,
    Anthony

NJ & You, Perfect Together

Quote Originally Posted by MITHRANDIR View Post
    http://www.seasideparkonline.com/beach.html

Regarding Seaside Park Beach Rules:

Please keep off the dunes
    No Animals
    No Picnicking
    No Alcoholic Beverages
    No Disrobing
    No Climbing Fence
    If you go to the southern beaches of Seaside Park (the non-lifeguarded portion) - people do bring alcohol onto the beach there. There are always beer bottles in the garbage cans. I'm not saying it's allowed or anything - I'm just saying that it does seem like people get away with it there. of course this is also the area where it is residential and the houses back right up to the beach - with no boardwalk or anything.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

New Jersey Proud!

Tourist

Interesting post, everyone should think of this.. Remember to preserve the nature for the future.

New Jerseyan

Cool whats the law on skinny-dipping?

I have seen couples go skinny-dipping into the water along the jersey shore on more than one occassion. I wonder, whats the law on that and what the penalty would be? Personally, I think that if people want to walk about without their clothes on, thats their problem. But when the same is being carried out under sunlight and in full public view, esp with children playing nearby, thats something else altogether. Idiots!

Recent Resident

Quote Originally Posted by simplosys View Post
    I have seen couples go skinny-dipping into the water along the jersey shore on more than one occassion. I wonder, whats the law on that and what the penalty would be? Personally, I think that if people want to walk about without their clothes on, thats their problem. But when the same is being carried out under sunlight and in full public view, esp with children playing nearby, thats something else altogether. Idiots!
    agree! you know when children ask.

New Jerseyan

Smile Hi Olivia!

Yeah, you would think that these 'idiots' have something else to do besides tearing off their clothes. Anyway, with the winter here, there is not gonna be much 'skinny dipping' for some time to come. So I guess, we can rest easy for a few months. It is always difficult to answer your kids when they ask 'those questions'...

Recent Resident

Quote Originally Posted by simplosys View Post
    Yeah, you would think that these 'idiots' have something else to do besides tearing off their clothes. Anyway, with the winter here, there is not gonna be much 'skinny dipping' for some time to come. So I guess, we can rest easy for a few months. It is always difficult to answer your kids when they ask 'those questions'...
    Hello,
    yeah they won't risk getting frozen..Lol

New Jerseyan

I know that in Ocean City you cant drink at all on the beach or anywhere in public & there are no stores where you can buy booze in town. Cant even BYOB in the eateries.

Quote Originally Posted by NJBarb View Post
    I know that in Ocean City you cant drink at all on the beach or anywhere in public & there are no stores where you can buy booze in town. Cant even BYOB in the eateries.
    Ocean City is one of the few dry towns in New Jersey, that is why there is no alcohol at all in OC.

New Jersey Proud!