Thread: David Halik, RIP

New Jersey Tour Guide Jersey Warren's Avatar

Default David Halik, RIP

I just learned the other day that an old classmate of mine, from sixth grade through high school, died from pancreatic cancer. I last saw him at my 40th high school reunion in 2006. He was a great guy and as New Jersey as they came. He was born the very same day I was and only a few miles away (I in Teaneck, he in Englewood.) His family had their main house in Upper Saddle River and a summer place at Ship Bottom on LBI. They bought both places in the early 1950s, probably for under $25,000 each. Today, either place would easily be worth $750,000.

I guess now Dave won't be able to enjoy his retirement at the shore. I'll miss him. His obituary is below:

David F Halik
    HALIK David F., 60, on May 14, 2008 of Ringwood, NJ. Beloved husband of Kathleen Halik (nee Ahlers). Loving father of David Lee and Amanda. Adored son of Eloise Halik (nee Cooke) and the late Francis Halik. Dear brother of Jo-Anne Zimmerman of Oakland, NJ and Daniel of Ramsey, NJ. Also survived by many nieces and nephews. David grew up in Upper Saddle River, NJ and graduated from Don Bosco Prep H.S. in 1966. He received a B.A. in 1970 from Belmont Abbey College in Belmont, NC. David was the owner of the Leathernoel, Inc. in Montvale, NJ before becoming a District Manager for J.A. Sexauer Plumbing Supply for twenty-five years. He was an avid outdoorsman, enjoying hunting, fishing and working on his woodpile. He was always the source of a good laugh and will be missed by all. Visitation will be held on Friday from 2-4 and 7-9 PM at the Van Emburgh-Sneider-Pernice Funeral Home, 109 Darlington Ave, Ramsey. A Funeral Mass will be celebrated on Saturday May 17, 2008 at 10 AM at the Church of the Presentation in Upper Saddle River, NJ. Cremation will be private. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Kathleen Walsh Memorial Scholarship, DePaul Catholic High School, Attn: Development Office, 1512 Alps Road, Wayne, NJ 07470. Please send tributes, memories and condolences at: www.vanemburghsneider.com.
    Published in The Record and Herald News on 5/15/2008.

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

JW -

I'm really sorry to hear that. My thoughts go out to you. Your friendship must have been incredibly strong to last all those years.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!