Thread: New Jersey Represented at Papal Event

New Jersey Tour Guide Jersey Warren's Avatar

Default New Jersey Represented at Papal Event

I see that Gov. Corzine attended the event where Pope Benedict XVI visited the Ground Zero site. Because the World Trade Center site is owned by the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, they had to invite Corzine.

I'm glad the Garden State was represented but too bad it wasn't by someone of higher character that Corzine. New Jersey and New York haven't elected such great governors in recent years!

Also, be glad the Port Authority isn't called what it was when I was growing up, the Port of New York Authority, even though New Jersey paid half the bills. A rare instance of New Jerseyans standing up and demanding recognition.

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

JW - I agree. I did see that. They also had New Jersey flags flying in addition to the NY flags.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!