Thread: A Very Close Friend is in the Hospital

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

Default A Very Close Friend is in the Hospital

I found out today that a really close friend was mugged in Chicago on Saturday and is in the hospital in really bad shape. I found out from my father - he had been trying to get in touch with me since Saturday - but we've been missing each other.

Jason was beat up pretty bad. His nose is broken and from his nose up - the bones in his face are all fractured. He has a concussion and swelling of the brain. He's in a drug induced coma because he was having seizures.

I've been sitting here since I left the BlueClaws game where my father finally got in touch with me. I didn't even stay for the game. My cousin Mark asked me to go out with him because he knew how upset I was by this, but of course that fell through and he just blew me off. Didn't even call me like he said he would so we could meet up. I've basically just been sitting here thinking about everything and having no one to talk to. I did just call Jason's mother. It seems as if right now that he will survive the attack - but its unknown if he will have brain damage.

Jason is an alcoholic - but I knew him before he was like this. He was really smart - he still is - if he can get past the alcohol. He was very drunk when he was mugged at the bus station. He had come out here for a while a couple of years ago and almost died from an esophageal hemorrhage - basically his esophagus ruptured and he almost bled to death. It's very difficult to treat because the only way is to put a balloon down there to stop the bleeding and hope that it heals. I guess that time was worse than this time, because back then - I was told by the doctors to get in touch with his parents and get them out to the hospital because they didn't think he would survive. He was in the Princeton Community Hospital - and many people - including doctors said that if he wasn't at Princeton - he most likely would have died.

It sucks not knowing what is happening - or being able to be out there. It also sucks being all alone during a time like this.

Sometimes it's just nice to know that people are there for you when things like this happen - not that anyone can do anything. I guess I feel so much worse because I can't really talk to anyone right now about this.

Jason really doesn't deserve this.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!

New Jersey Tour Guide Jersey Warren's Avatar

I'm very sorry to hear about your friend, JD. However, he is fortunate to have you for a friend, because you always take such an interest in others' lives and express obvious concern for them.

I'll keep Jason in my prayers.

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Warren View Post
    I'm very sorry to hear about your friend, JD. However, he is fortunate to have you for a friend, because you always take such an interest in others' lives and express obvious concern for them.

I'll keep Jason in my prayers.
    Thanks JW I really appreciate it. I want the best for the people I care about. Jason had a lot to offer people and still does - if he can stay away from the alcohol.. Steve does too - but he's not strong enough to control his own life. Even though things are going better professionally - personally everything seems to be going wrong. I feel i've lost steve out of my life forever and now possibly my friend Jason may have brain damage. I need to stay strong I guess. I have so much work to do.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!