Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
It's about time we consider a recall.

Thread: It's about time we consider a recall.

Recent Resident

Default It's about time we consider a recall.

I was messing around on the internet and found this article:
    THE 1993 ELECTIONS; New Jersey Backs Recall
    Published: November 3, 1993
    Voters overwhelmingly approved a measure today to give themselves the authority to recall elected officials, in a referendum driven by outrage over Gov. Jim Florio's 1990 tax increase.
    With 80 percent of the precincts reporting, the constitutional amendment, the only statewide question on the ballot, won the support of about three out of four voters, 1,028,666 to 332,123.
    New Jersey Common Cause opposed recall, saying it would discourage politicians from taking unpopular but necessary actions.
    The groups also warned that recall would be a boon to well-heeled special interests, which could mount expensive campaigns to remove their opponents from office.
    Supporters of the measure believed it would help restore voter confidence in the political system.
    Many ranking Republicans backed recall. Christine Todd Whitman, the apparent Governor-elect, even told voters they could recall her if she did not honor her campaign pledge to cut income taxes 30 percent in three years.
    "I knew it would pass -- I never had any doubt in my mind whatsoever," said Garabed Haytaian, the Republican Speaker of the State Assembly, who sponsored the ballot question. "I've said all along that recall as an issue is very important to the people of New Jersey. Now they've proven me true."
    The chairman of the State Democratic Committee, Senator Raymond J. Lesniak, called the measure "bad public policy."
    "There's potential for great damage by one-issue voter groups," said Mr. Lesniak, who voted against putting the issue on the ballot.
    Politicians are subject to recall after serving one year in office. If 25 percent of registered voters sign a recall petition, a question to remove the official will appear on the next November's ballot.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpag...52C1A965958260
    Corzine has to go. Not at the end of his term, but before he can do any more damage to us.
    We need to send a message to the next guy and all of Trenton. We are not their sheep waiting to be sheared.

New Jerseyan

I would be VERY happy to see this jerkoff recalled! Get the petition ready and I would not be able to sign it fast enough!
    NEW JERSEY HISTORY SECOND TO NONE !

I would love to carry an Impeach Corzine shirt at my store
    DAVE GERING
    MANAGER JERSEY STORE EWR

Recent Resident

Default The ball is starting to roll

http://www.recallcorzinenow.com/

You can go here and download a petition for your county. Get people fill it out, sign it, have it notarized and send it to them. Only registered voters in your county can sign.
    We have until June 30 if we want to get this on the November ballot.
    Who’s with me?

New Jersey Tour Guide

Default Corzine Taxes

I understand that steps are already being taken to impeach Corzine. Has anyone heard anything? It has to do with him wanting to raise the toll fees. Marianita

Recent Resident

Default Recall Corzine