Thread: Citizens arrested at Corzine town meeting

New Jerseyan

Default Citizens arrested at Corzine town meeting

Two citizens who lead up grass roots organizations in NJ were arrested at the 4th public town meeting held by the governor to sell his highway scam to the public. The two citizens - one of whom was Steve Lonegan the former mayor of Bogota - were there each with several members of their groups and had signs and flyers they were passing out, and were chatting with members of the public who were entering the meeting. The local radio programs that cover the southern NJ area have been burning with the story and today you probably won't be able to get Lonegan on the phone if you try - he is in such huge demand.
    1. These 'open public meetings' which are held on public property are meetings that you have to "register" for by filling out some online form with your name, phone numbers, business and home addresses, etc. Both of these arrested citizens were "registered".
    2. Corzines people were allowed to bring in their signs.
    3. In listening to the radio nobody can come up with who gave the order to arrest them - everyone from the governor on down is denying it.

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

I did hear that the town halls were being heavily moderated and basically controlled. I saw Corzien on "On The Record" on NJN and his attitude was completely dictatorial. If you don't agree with him - you're an idiot is his basic response. The thing is -= I haven't seen our government doing anything to attract businesses to NJ, to build up our cities. If we keep on exporting our jobs, and relying on NY and Philly for our entertainment - then our cities will never prosper. You can't support cities on mere residents. In order for a city to grow it needs businesses and cultural institutions.

BTW - The toll raise is going to support the billion dollar tunnel to export our jobs to NY and subsidize NY's economy.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyDevil View Post
    I did hear that the town halls were being heavily moderated and basically controlled. I saw Corzien on "On The Record" on NJN and his attitude was completely dictatorial. If you don't agree with him - you're an idiot is his basic response. The thing is -= I haven't seen our government doing anything to attract businesses to NJ, to build up our cities. If we keep on exporting our jobs, and relying on NY and Philly for our entertainment - then our cities will never prosper. You can't support cities on mere residents. In order for a city to grow it needs businesses and cultural institutions.

BTW - The toll raise is going to support the billion dollar tunnel to export our jobs to NY and subsidize NY's economy.
    I currently avoid driving on the NJTP and GSP as much as possible. The only times I drive and pay the tolls on the roads is when time is more important than money.

One can currently avoid some of tolls on the GSP through the use of a road map and a willingness to add about 10-15 min. to one's drive.

If I can avoid the tolls, what do you think other people will do?

NJ can be avoided if one wishes to transport goods to the New England area from other areas of the country.
    DC to I-270---US15---I-81---I-78---I-287---I-87---(I-95 or I-684) to NE
    ================================================== ==
    This toll robbery plan seems to be a means to get money from the many to the few.

I think these mtgs should be real open forums for people to be able to speak out.

Ironic that the gov. spoke about doing things to make the state more efficient and cost less to operate while running for office. Now it seems that he wants to continue to spend spend spend, costs be D@mned.

JD -- you are correct to point out that NJ is not doing enough to keep businesses in NJ. If NJ is not careful it will see a mass exodus of people leave the state which will result in the state recving less influence in congress. (Although one might wonder what our current politicians are doing to support and represent our state)
    Sincerely,
    Anthony

NJ & You, Perfect Together

New Jerseyan

As an interesting follow up - in the township where it happened the Board of Education and the police department had to apologize to both men and the charges were dropped in court. BUT - "coincidentally" the state DA is investigating Bogota's finances - the town Lonegan ran for 12 years and ran much better than just about any town in NJ. Everybody is denying giving the order for arresting them - and if there hadn't been people there with video cams and cell phone cams to record everything (you can see some of it on youtube) the press would bury it or spin it.
    And where has Corzine been for the past week? Sucking up to his European financial buddies that he wants to sell our roads to.