Thread: New Jersey Ironmen

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

Default New Jersey Ironmen

The New Jersey Ironmen start their season today at the newly built Prudential Center in Newark. I'm thinking about going tonight. Doe anyone else plan on attending any Ironmen games?
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!

New Jerseyan

I would like to go to a game. They won last night in there first ever game in Newark. They also had a good crowd of over 13,000. GO IRONMEN!
    NEW JERSEY HISTORY SECOND TO NONE !

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NJPRIDE View Post
    I would like to go to a game. They won last night in there first ever game in Newark. They also had a good crowd of over 13,000. GO IRONMEN!
    I was one of those 13,000 people. I really wanted to go to their first ever game. The Prudential Center is AMAZING. Not only the facility - but the ushers and ALL the employees are in really really nice uniforms. Very formal. It's more like you are being welcomed into NJPAC, than an arena. It's really top notch and so incredibly beautiful.

One thing I have to say though - tickets for the Ironmen are a lot cheaper than the devils, so even the center field section with the leather seats, are inexpensive. It has it's good points and it's bad. For instance - I did get to sit there for 30 bucks. The bad part was that all these kids were climbing on the seats, especially before the game started and of course their parents didn't say anything. I really wonder how long the leather seats with the embroidered Devils logo are going to hold up to the Ironmen fans. I can't see people paying $95 - $200 a seat walking all over them. It really is sad that people don't have more respect when they go out somewhere. I seriously doubt they allow their children to walk all over their furniture, especially if it's brand new.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!

New Jersey Tour Guide Jersey Warren's Avatar

Default Ramsey's Don Bosco Ironmen

The Ironmen is also the nickname of the sports teams at my alma mater, Don Bosco Prep in Ramsey. The nickname was bestowed on the teams by a newspaper reporter from the Bergen Record many years ago, when the Don Bosco basketball team won two tournaments in a single day!

Years ago, they were called "the Polish Ironmen" because most of the students there were Polish. As the student body changed, the Polish was dropped from the nickname. Although when I went there we still chanted a cheer: "O-oo sa-sa-sa, O-oo sa-sa-sa, Hit 'em in the head with a big kielbasa!"

A recent article in the Record* said that Don Bosco was working on an arrangement to play a top-ranked team from California in football next season. Wouldn't that be something if my old school from Ramsey beat a top team from California!

* Here's the link to the story: http://www.northjersey.com/page.php?...Y3dnFlZUVFeXk5

Tourist

Default NJ IRONEMN see highlights and interviews

Check out the whole game from Jan 5 2008 against Detroit on www.sportsnetamerica.tv. Also there are a ton of interviews with the players and coaches! Grest site and great hi lights of the IRONMEN!