Thread: Great Adventure opening day

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

Default Great Adventure opening day

Well today was opening day for Great Adventure - and not only that it was season pass holders only. It was drizzly and chilly - and basically empty. A great time to go.

I first went on Medusa - rode that back to back. Then went on the Runaway Train. It's cool having a roller coaster ALL to yourself. Then I went on American Scream Machine - rode that back to back. I went on the new Spongebob Squarepants 3-D virtual ride (for those who go to GA - it's where Dino Island was). After that I headed over to Nitro for back to back fun there dropping down to 230 feet at 80+ mph - AWESOME All that inside of only TWO hours. Got there a little after 6:00 and got off Nitro about 8:00. Then I walked around and they started closing up the rides. I was going to go on Nitro a third time, but then they ran into a problem and didn't know when it would be fixed. So I headed down to Medusa one last time, but they started closing up the park before I got there.

It was awesome - and even though my cousin wasn't able to go and I went by myself - I had a great time.

I don't knwo if anyone else went on April 2nd -b ut if you did let's hear about. At this time not too many people from NJ are members - but hopefully that will change.

Tourist

Why is a nickelodeon character have his own ride in a warner bros. based theme park? Put it in Paramount and make Dino Island 4.

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nintendoom
    Why is a nickelodeon character have his own ride in a warner bros. based theme park? Put it in Paramount and make Dino Island 4.
    I agree. I would have liked a better movie like Dino Island than Sponge Bob. Although Sponge Bob is okay - I like Dino Island better.