View Poll Results: Where in New Jersey would you like to see the Devils Farm Team?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Trenton

0 0%
  • Toms River

2 25.00%
  • New Brunswick

3 37.50%
  • Newark

0 0%
  • Camden

1 12.50%
  • Atlantic City

0 0%
  • East Rutherford

0 0%
  • Elsewhere in New Jersey

1 12.50%
  • I don't want them in the state at all

1 12.50%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where would you want the Devils' AHL affiliate?

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NewarkDevil5
    Why not on the shore?
    I want to see it somewhere where it is either more central and southern - such as Lakewood, or forms a tie between the southern and northern regions such as Vineland and Bridgeton.

I just took a road trip through soiuthern NJ - went down to Pennsville, through Salem to Hancock House then headed toward Seaside Heights by going through Bridgeton and Vineland. I have to disagree that there wouldn't be enough people to support a hockey team in that area. Bridgeton, Vineland and Millville are not that far from each other and the area is pretty developed. Whether they would support a team is another story, but I do believe there are enough people. I think the Devils promoting themselves as a New JERSEY team, would be great for NJ.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!

I agree that the Vineland-Millville-Bridgeton area might not be a bad idea, but I also think Toms River area might not be a bad idea.

Recent Resident

I'm not sure where the most hockey fans are in Jersey, but I voted for New Brunswick. Nice central location, plus the season might get a boost by all the college kids in town.

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

I was looking through past threads and I came across this one. Do you think the Devils will move Lowell now that they also bought out the Trenton Titans?

I think it could be a possibility and if that is the case - I think they will mostly pick a more southern location - such as Vineland. It would make perfect sense. They need to develop a statewide fan base. They need to have people wearing NJ Devils jersey's from the north of the state to the south.

BY buying the Trenton Titans - they now have a foothold in the central part of the state. It's a great move. Of course they may decide to move Lowell to a location such as Toms River - because they may think that people from Vineland would never take the trek up to Newark, but yet a person around Toms River would and it covers the eastern-central part of the state, while Trenton covers the western-central part of New Jersey. They may be trying to create a fan base that covers the from the Rt 195 line northward.

Millville is getting the huge racetrack - Thunder Raceway - which I wonder if a hockey's minor league team may fit in nicely with that attraction during the winter months.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!