Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Neat Sign in Jersey City

Thread: Neat Sign in Jersey City

New Jersey Tour Guide Jersey Warren's Avatar

Default Neat Sign in Jersey City

I saw this while visiting a Jersey City website. Note that it depicts the Statue of Liberty (which is in Jersey City waters) and "America's Golden Door" also applies to Ellis Island (which is also mostly in Jersey City waters).

Too bad that when New York placed the Statue of Liberty on its license plates a few years back New Jersey didn't do the same, to send the message to America about where the statue really is!

But New Yorkers seem to have an overabundance of audacity while New Jerseyans have too little.

Anyway, I thought this was a neat sign!
    Attached Images Attached Images

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Warren
    I saw this while visiting a Jersey City website. Note that it depicts the Statue of Liberty (which is in Jersey City waters) and "America's Golden Door" also applies to Ellis Island (which is also mostly in Jersey City waters).
    I'm surprised you never saw this sign before. It's also the sign at the entrance to Liberty State Park. It's been the "Jersey City Welcome" sign for years.
    Too bad that when New York placed the Statue of Liberty on its license plates a few years back New Jersey didn't do the same, to send the message to America about where the statue really is!
    That's not true. New York no longer uses the "statue of Liberty" license plate and supposedly that came out of the court decision during the fight over Ellis Island. I think that's the just a rumor though. However, New York did completely abandon their Statue of Liberty plate. However, New Jersey DOES have a Statue of Liberty plate - as a matter of fact - I HAVE IT! Miine of course is personalized and says - "NJERZ1"

But New Yorkers seem to have an overabundance of audacity while New Jerseyans have too little.
    I discuss this in the thread - Why do New Jerseyans Lack a Sense of Pride in their Home State?

I don't get it either. Every other state proudly promotes their state and fights for it. New Jerseyans see to be ashamed of New Jersey and simply roll over when negative stuff is said about the state. As I point out in that thread - I don't understand how New Jerseyans can actually actively root AGAINST Rutgers and other New Jersey teams. It's unheard of in other states.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!

Thanks for adding to my post, JD. Being there on the scene obviously keeps you better informed than I can be long distance!

I spent seven years in Wisconsin and virtually everyone in the state is both a Green Bay Packers and UW Badgers fan. Even if you're not a native, they put pressure on you to come on board.

However, the work this website is doing will surely help that deficit in New Jersey pride!

Thanks for adding to my post, JD. Being there on the scene obviously keeps you better informed than I can be long distance!
    Believe me - I know how long distance can be. I had lived as far from new jersey as you can get while still being in the continental United States - Oregon! of course that was where the birth of AboutNewJersey.com took place.
    I spent seven years in Wisconsin and virtually everyone in the state is both a Green Bay Packers and UW Badgers fan. Even if you're not a native, they put pressure on you to come on board.
    Here you're basically taught if you want to do anything - you need to go to NY. And it's best to support the new york teams - even if they are a bunch of losers like the Rangers.

here is something new that pisses me off - i mentioned about Champs last year not carrying Rutgers stuff in Toms River, well now they do. However, they used to not carry hockey stuff - now they do. Guess what team they have plastered ALL OVER??? You think the home team the devil? Hell no! They only carry New York Rangers stuff. only in New Jersey!!!!
    However, the work this website is doing will surely help that deficit in New Jersey pride!
    You know - sometimes I do get depressed about the whole thing. I sometimes - or is it many times - think it's a losing battle. Our politicians sell New Jersey out to Philadelphia & New York, there is hardly any self pride amongst New Jerseyans and you see people just not carrying about their home state. Do you know what really hurts? When I hear that New Jersey sucks - especially from my cousins who I am really close to. To me it's a personal thing.

Why do New Jerseyans buy into the media hype of New York?
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

New Jersey Proud!

BTW - I was just wondering - do you explore the other part of the site - or just the messageboard?

New Jersey Proud!

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyDevil
    BTW - I was just wondering - do you explore the other part of the site - or just the messageboard?
    Not as much as I should! We've moved twice since May and I've been kept so busy I'm not online as much as I used to be (except for my job.) However, since you mentioned it, I'll explore more of the site when I can!

Not as much as I should! We've moved twice since May and I've been kept so busy I'm not online as much as I used to be (except for my job.) However, since you mentioned it, I'll explore more of the site when I can!
    I was just curious. I have plans to add a lot more things this winter. I just have to stay focused.

New Jersey Proud!