Thread: House

Default House

Never realized that the tv show HOUSE is based in New Jersey.
    DAVE GERING
    MANAGER JERSEY STORE EWR

New Jerseyan

That's probably because nothing about the show looks, sounds or works like NJ. I don't even know why they set it here - i think its around Trenton? -its like they want the license to crack the occasional Jersey joke without having to take the trouble to research the area.

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

It takes place in Princeton & Plainsboro. And yes - the show is nothing like New Jersey - or even Princeton. The hospital name is made up. They do sometimes reference some NJ things - like the Pine Barrens and Atlantic City, but the look of the show is nothing like NJ although they seemed to take the time to film overhead shots of Princeton for in the intro.

It was the same thing with the short-lived show - Pt Pleasant, which was supposed to take place in Pt Pleasant Beach. They never researched the area, the just used the name. It was clearly California where it was filmed. They showed people at night for instance driving their cars onto the beach and having bonfires. There also was no boardwalk, but a pier with a large ferris wheel. Anyone who knows Pt Pleasant, would know that it wasn't filmed there.

By the way - there was a episode of House I saw that there was a "snide" joke toward NJ. Someone asked if they were in heaven and House answered "No - New Jersey". There are two ways you can take it - but I seriously doubt that they meant it in a good light.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!